Chapter IV

It's been days since Rey felt your Force connection and she has been trying to speak to you ever since. She went back to the battleground where you were killed and scoured high and low for you but you were nowhere to be found. Since then, Rey has been meditating every day in order to contact you to find out where you are. She won't give up on you. She'll NEVER give up on you and her only priority is you. Nothing else matters to her but you. Yes, the Resistance needs her but her main focus is finding you because she is no use to the Resistance without you.

"How long is she going to keep doing this for?" Poe asks while he and Finn work on some repairs to Poe's X-Wing.

"As long as it takes."

"The longer it takes the further behind we become!" He snaps.

"What's with you, huh?"

"What do you mean?"

"You've been so distant and snappy lately. Why?"

"I'm stressed."

"We're all stressed but that doesn't give you the excuse to act the way that you do."

"Finn, we're in the middle of a war and Rey - one of our best fighters - is meditating! We don't have time for that!"

"Poe, she's a Jedi-in-training. This is what they do! If we want to win the battle against the First Order, we need her to be at her best and we all know she won't get that way without her girlfriend."

"We don't even know where she is let alone if she's alive."

"She's alive. Rey felt it."

"Okay, so she's alive. Great. She could be anywhere in the galaxy, which raises the question, if she IS alive, then why didn't she come back to the base?"

"Maybe she can't. Maybe she's wounded and is getting help. Maybe she's laying low for a while because she's being followed. Maybe she's still trying to get back to us. We don't know."

"Exactly. We DON'T know."

"I think you seem to forget that she was stabbed and bled out. Recovering from that would take some time."

"I'm aware of that, Finn. I just don't see the point in all of this. Rey is wasting her time trying to find her when we need her here with us, focusing on the battle."

"She can't do that without her!"

"Well, she should learn! She can't keep being dependant on someone else because look where it gets her! Alone, miserable, and useless!"

Finn takes a step back, glaring at his friend and totally verklempt.

"She's on Coruscant in the medical facility," Rey says, passing through. "Get the ship ready when you can and a medical crew. She's very weak."

Finn and Poe look at each other with Finn shaking his head as he leaves to prepare the Falcon. Poe signs with an eye-roll, feeling his guilt immediately wash over him.

~

You're exhausted. Absolutely exhausted. Being resurrected and staying alive has been difficult. You are weak and you have exhausted all of your energy into communicating with Rey through your Force connection. You constantly heard her talking to you, asking you to be with her and tell her where you were and it was painful not being able to answer until now. You can feel your body heal as time goes on but it is slow and uncomfortable. Your organs feel like they are in all the wrong places and are constantly being moved. You cease to move but sometimes it can be difficult since the thick, gelatine substance that you are currently sitting it moves you but only a minuscule amount.

You cannot open your eyes or move your limbs but you are aware that you are alive and unconscious. You feel as if you're in a coma of some sort. You often drift in and out of consciousness and the longer time passes, the more conscious you seem to become but it still isn't a tremendous amount. You wish you could move and you wish you could leave but you do not possess the strength to do so. You used all of your strength to get Rey to you and you hope she comes soon. She often talks to you, saying how much she misses you and how much she loves you. You want to reciprocate but again, you're too exhausted and weak but you know Rey knows that you love her and miss her.

You constantly think back to the moment you were killed and your body instinctively flinches at the thought, which brings you more pain and discomfort. You remember hearing Rey cry out for you and seeing her fight her way to you mercilessly until you fell unconscious then ultimately, died. When you died you were at peace and you felt calm but you were pulled out of that relaxed state to be brought back into the world only to live is discomfort. You weren't sure why you're being brought back to life and how it was possible until you heard Kylo Ren talking to a medical team. You can't let Kylo Ren bring you back for his needs. You need to get back to Rey before it's too late...

~

"We're pulling up to Coruscant now," Poe announces.

"Good. Be prepared for anything," says Rey.

"Rey, wait," Poe stops the woman before she leaves the cockpit.

"What?"

Poe swivels in his chair, having a hard time meeting Rey's gaze. "I just wanted to say that... I'm sorry. I know I've been acting differently recently but-"

"No," she interjects. "No buts, Poe. What you said hurt. It really hurt. I won't stop looking for her. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I won't lose her like I lost my parents. I was lost without her and now that I know she's alive, I will do everything in my power to bring her back to me. You had no right to say what you said but you did anyway. Yes, the battle is important but I need her as does the rest of the Resistance. You act like she's not important."

"That's not true," he frowns, finally looking at her.

"Well, it certainly comes across that way."

"Rey, I love her like a sister just like I love you as one. I know I've been rude but I'm just so stressed out right now."

"So am I but I don't act as you do."

"We all have our ways of coping."

"Perhaps you need to find a different one."

"Rey," Finn interrupts, poking his head in. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes," she nods. "Let's do this."

Rey exits the cockpit, leaving Poe not feeling any better about the situation and even more so when Chewbacca stares at him.

"What?"

Chewbacca tilts his head to the side with an unimpressed expression.

"Look, I'm trying, okay? We're all going through a lot right now so it's hard."

Chewbacca shrugs nonchalantly but Poe isn't entirely convinced. He simply sighs and prepares the ship for landing.