Chapter VI

"Rey! Wait!" Finn rushes after her as does Poe and the others.

Rey surges forward, feeling the darkness and coldness surround her until she pauses, feeling a sense of dread, awe, and sadness wash over her.

"What?" Finn queries. "What is it?"

Silently, Rey turns to Finn with worry in her eyes. "I don't like this place. It feels... haunted..."

Pursing his lips, Finn places his hand on Rey's shoulder and gives it a reassuring squeeze. "Come on, Rey. We've got to keep moving. She's here so we need to find her. It's dark and creepy but we have to find her."

Rey nods, taking a steading breath before continuing. Finn and Poe exchange concerned looks, following Rey in her tracks. The brunette treads further into the darkness where eventually, she sees light, electric blue in colour. Cautious, Rey palms her lightsaber to her right hand, keeping it close. She turns the corner and there, she sees you - floating in a tank filled with a rejuvenating substance as the mask attached to your face keeps you alive and breathing.

Tears immediately fill Rey's eyes as she approaches the tank, placing her hand upon it, feeling its warmth and wanting nothing more to touch you.

"My love..." She whimpers. "I'm here. I'm here now."

"What the heck is that?" Finn asks.

"It's a bacta tank," Poe answers.

"I've never seen a bacta tank in person before..."

"We need to get her out of there," Rey orders, wiping her tears away. "We need to get her out now."

"Okay, med team, do your thing. We'll keep watch," Finn prompts.

The medical team steps into action while the others keep a lookout but Rey is too focused on watching you, talking to you through the Force, and watching the medical team do their work.

"All systems are on... Beginning draining sequence now. Standby." The chief medical officer begins, pressing several buttons and pulling a switch, initiating the draining of the tank.

Rey observes eagerly yet intrigued as the gelatine-like substance slowly disappears, revealing your pale body. Rey's eyes immediately fall into your abdomen where your fatal wound has now healed over but has left a large scar. The scar is confronting but also fascinating. Rey is amazed that the bacta has healed your wound and ultimately, brought you back to life.

"Draining sequence complete. Prepare the bacta suit."

Several medics surround you, gently picking you up and placing you into a bacta suit. The sight of your limp body springs tears in Rey's eyes. She wants to help. She wants to get you into the suit and carry you out of the facility but she knows she has to leave that to the professionals. She is not taking any risks when it comes to you so she is trusting the medic team more than she has ever trusted anyone (besides you, of course).

Just when the med team are preparing you to be placed onto a stretcher, Rey feels something calling her - something... dark. Rey turns to the call, abandoning the group.

"Rey? Where are you going?" Finn questions.

"I'll be back. I'm just trying to find out more about this place. Stay here and guard her. I won't be long."

Confused, Finn obliges and continues to watch the med team.

Walking through darkness, Rey feels the call grow stronger. She is unsure of what exactly is calling her until she enters a room. The air is silent and cold - very cold. Rey looks around in an attempt to see something but nothing appears. Not until she steps forward, initiating a beam of light to illuminate the room, which Rey now identifies as circular with an operating table in the center. That's when Rey feels it - the reason she is here in this room. Emerging from the shadows is Kylo Ren, and Rey immediately fills with anger.

"We meet again, Rey," says Kylo, his voice deepened by his mask.

"You," Rey breathes. "You brought her here."

"I did."

"Why?"

"Because I knew you'd come for her. I knew as soon as she resuscitated you'd feel her Force connection and come for her."

"Why here? Why not take her back to your base?" She probes.

"Why would I do that where this is right where she needs to be?"

Rey frowns at him, confused about his elusion. "What are you talking about?"

Kylo smirks and begins to circle the room, causing Rey to do the same to keep her distance. "This is the place where greatness was created. Where ultimate power was constructed. Where the beginning of a new era was born. This place, this room, was where it all happened."

"Stop speaking in riddles and tell me why you brought her here. Why did you bring her back to life? Was it just to get me here?"

"You don't know, do you?"

"Know what?"

"The truth about her..." Kylo takes a moment to read into Rey's mind. "No... You don't know."

"What are you talking about?" She shouts.

"She is capable of greatness. Such greatness that you wouldn't begin to understand. She is far more powerful than I ever anticipated or expected. I thought she was just some scummy scavenger - a nobody with nothing to live for and no purpose."

"Don't you DARE talk about her that way!" Rey orders, clenching her jaw angrily.

"But she isn't. She's so much more and when she has fully healed, I will lay her on this table and create what she was born to be."

"And what's that?"

"A Sith just like my grandfather himself was constructed on this very table as the Dark Lord Vader."

Rey's blood turns cold at the words, looking at the operating table where images of Vader's construction flash through her mind along with the possible construction of you and she sees it. She sees you being born again as a Sith. Pale skin, yellow eyes, and dark armour that is grafted to your body, transforming you into a frightening figure - a monster.

"No," Rey shakes her head. "I won't let you. You will NEVER touch her."

"You need to accept it, Rey. She is powerful and this is her destiny and you can be with her always. Join me. Join her, and we can all rule the galaxy."

"No," Rey hisses. "You will NOT touch her. She will NEVER become a Sith. You'll have to kill me before you even get CLOSE."

"Very well then." Kylo automatically ignites his lightsaber and, filled with rage, Rey ignites hers.

Kylo waits for Rey, feeling her anger rise until it bubbles over, causing Rey to grip her saber tightly and scream as she surges forward.