Chapter V

"Sir," a scout trooper announces to Kylo Ren via comlink. "They're here."

"Good. I'm on my way. Don't let them take the body. Trap them. Keep Rey alive and execute the others."

"Yes, sir."

Kylo gathers his helmet and lightsaber before approaching the remains of Darth Vader's helmet. Lifting his hand, he slowly and respectively, places his palm upon it, feeling a sense of power and connection to the Dark Side.

"Help me be strong, grandfather," he begins. "This is what we need to bring the remaining Jedi to their knees. With these women, I can do that. All I need is your strength in me." Kylo closes his eyes, focusing only on his grandfather and feeling his strength flow through him.

Satiated, Kylo removes his hand, dons his helmet, and exits his quarters, making haste to his TIE Silencer.

~

"Why would she be here?" Finn questions as he and the team make their way into the medical facility.

"I don't know," answers Rey. "This is where she said she was."

"Yes, but why here?"

"Maybe someone from here found her and brought her back," Poe suggests.

"Just seems odd that's all."

"It doesn't matter why she's here," Rey begins. "All that matters is that she's here and she's alive and we need to bring her back to the base safely."

"If she's under good medical care here, do you think it might be best to leave her here?" Finn knows it's a touchy subject but the point is valid.

"Possibly, but I'm not leaving her here. I want her with me where I know she's safe and where I can look after her."

Everyone knows there is no debating with Rey. This is YOU they're going to get and they know Rey doesn't compromise when it comes to you. She's gone through enough already to turn back now. All she wants is you back in her care and you know that Rey won't let anything happen to you in the process.

"Wow..." Finn utters once they enter the facility, taking in its ambiance and architecture. "This place is impressive."

"You're telling me. We need one of these back at the base," Poe adds.

"Hello, may I help you?" A medical advisor asks politely.

"Yes," Rey begins. "I'm looking for my girlfriend. She was brought in here about a week ago. I don't know who brought her in but she was critically injured."

"I don't recall a crisis coming in within the week but I will have a look at the systems. I'll just need some details."

"Of course." Rey follows the advisor and tells her your name and other information she needs.

"I'm sorry but our records don't show anything of the sort. Nobody has checked in here with a critical injury as you said in a long time."

"How long?"

"Years. Ever since the fall of the Galactic Empire over thirty years ago, we haven't needed to treat any wounds like that."

Rey freezes, staring at the woman, completely perplexed by her words.

"No, she... she has to be here. Can you check again?"

"I'm sorry, ma'am but there is nothing here." The woman shows Rey the files and the brunette's heart drops when she sees that there is no record of you coming to the facility.

Still confused, Rey turns to her friends who watch her carefully.

"What now?" Finn asks.

"She's still here," Rey says. "I can feel it. I can feel it now more than ever. She's here."

"Excuse me," Poe steps forward. "May we have a map around the facility? We're new to this planet and I'd like to have a tour while we're here."

"Of course! Here you go," the advisor hands him a map. "Enjoy your tour. If you need anything, I'll be down that hall there and in the first room on your right. It's my office."

"Thanks, honey," he flashes a wink, causing the redness in the woman's cheeks to rise.

Rey and Finn roll there eyes but they're grateful when Poe brandishes them the map.

"Right, we've got a map, now we just need to search to find her," Poe states.

"Where do we start? This place is huge!" Finn looks over the map, taken aback by its size.

Rey goes to speak but ceases when she feels that pull to you again.

"Rey..." Your voice echoes in her mind, causing her to turn to her right towards a corridor.

"She's that way," Rey points.

"Are you sure?" Finn checks.

"Yes, positive. Come on, let's go. We've got no time to lose." Eager and impatient, Rey sets off first, forcing everyone else to promptly follow.

Trekking down the corridor, Rey follows her Force connection to you, feeling it get stronger and stronger the closer she gets to you. She can feel your life Force and it is still weak but she knows she is near you. Her heart begins to race at the thought and Finn and Poe often have to tell her to slow down. Rey is so focused on finding you that she can't think of anything else. If she could, she would sprint to you.

"I hope you can get us out of here, Rey," says Finn. "We've taken a lot of twists and turns."

"That's why I got us a map," Poe reminds him.

Suddenly, Rey stops at a dead end. There is a door in front of them but it is blocked off.

"She's in there," states Rey.

"In there?" Poe points.

"Yes."

"How? The door is blocked off and it looks like it's been blocked off for some time now."

"This room isn't on the map. It must be an abandoned part of the facility," says Finn.

"I can feel her, Poe. She's in there. She's alive. She needs us," Rey urges.

"I know but how can we get in there if the door is sealed shut?"

Rey looks over her shoulder, making sure she and her team are the only ones present before she raises her hand, closes her eyes, and pries the door open with the Force. The door is stubborn and heavy and something feels... off about it. It is if it has been opened recently but has been shut by a... Force. Rey shrugs the thought, using as much Force as she can without completely destroying the door and eventually it opens and Rey is instantly hit with a cool breeze and a very clean yet old scent. Beyond the door lays darkness but Rey, without fear, steps forward...