Chapter XVIII

"Oh, Stars... I love you," Rey pants.

You laugh because she always says that after you've been intimate but it doesn't bother you because you love her just the same. You love being intimate with Rey. It's such fun and it brings you closer together, which you both love.

"I love you, too, honey." You open your arm, allowing Rey to snuggle into your side.

You kiss her head and hold your arms around her. After everything that's happened between you two, it's good to get back to normal with Rey. You hate fighting with her so you're glad that you have resolved it.

You close your eyes until you feel Rey toy with your bracelet. You look at her long, delicate, dexterous fingers fondling it.

"You're still wearing it..." She utters.

"Of course. I'll always wear it. I've never taken it off. I can't imagine ever taking it off."

"It suits you."

"I'm glad. I can't imagine not wearing it. It's a part of me."

"Yeah?"

"Absolutely. I still remember the day you gave it to me."

"You do?" She giggles.

"Of course! We were cuddling under the stars then you remembered that you had something for me. You handed me the bracelet and you were worried that it was too big but it was a perfect fit. I told you that I loved it and that I'd always wear it because it would be a constant reminder of you and I haven't taken it off since."

"Aww! Stars!" Rey coos, pecking your cheek and snuggling into you more. "That's so sweet. It's so beautiful that you remember things like that."

"How can I forget? You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Rey. I'm so proud of you and how far you've come and I love being with you. You're my best friend and every day we grow stronger together. I love it. I never thought that I'd have a love like this. I thought that my life on Jakku would be scavenging by myself... I'm glad I was wrong."

You don't intend to get so sentimental but it's hard when it comes to Rey. She loves it when you do that and you know it's important to do it because Rey is a big feeler so she needs things like that from time to time.

"Oh, Stars..." Rey wraps her arms around you tightly so you hug but you hold her tighter when you hear her sniff. "I love you."

"I love you, too, honey."

Rey may be a strong woman who has gone through a lot of hardships and has learned to be tough and independent but she does get quite emotional at times but that's okay. You encourage her to be emotional because she has been through a lot so she needs to get her feelings out just as you and everyone else do. You hate it when she cries but you always encourage her to let it out because you know how important it is and when it's your time to be upset, Rey is there for you and you're so grateful for that.

~

The past week has been an absolute rollercoaster, to say the least. To put it short, Rey used Force Lightning accidentally where she thought she killed Chewbacca, you traveled to Kimiji to translate a Sith text resulting in C-3PO's memory to be wiped, you infiltrated Kylo Ren's star destroyer in order to find the Wayfinder, Rey had visions of her parents being killed with a sacred dagger, Rey then fought Kylo Ren via Force connection where he told Rey that she was the granddaughter of Emperor Palpatine, revealing that Rey's parents did NOT actually abandon her on Jakku but to hide her there and keep her safe from Palpatine who is still alive.

You discovered the Chewbacca was alive so you saved him but only just and now you're back at the base, preparing for your next mission, which is to travel to Endor to collect the Wayfinder. However, you are extremely worried about Rey as she is still shaken from everything that has just happened and you can't blame her.

As soon as you got back to the Resistance base, Rey rushed to your shared quarters and has been there ever since. You knew that you needed to give Rey time to herself but now, it's time that you go and see her. You've helped Poe and some other mechanics fix parts of the Falcon that were damaged during the mission so now it's time for you to help your girlfriend.

You approach your quarters and you can feel Rey's heartache and conflict. You knock but enter before Rey answers. She is sitting on the edge of the bed looking down at the dagger in her hands.

"Rey," you close the door and sit next to her.

"You should go, Stars," she tells you.

"Go?" You frown. "What do you mean?"

"I mean go. I'm... I'm a... I'm a Palpatine. That explains why I've been so conflicted within myself. Why I have trouble controlling my anger. Why I get so enraged when I fight. It explains it all. I'm dangerous."

"Rey, you are NOT dangerous. Why are you suddenly dangerous now that you know who you are?"

Rey doesn't answer. She just shakes her head as she continues to fondle the blade.

"Honey, look at me," you order softly and you can see Rey hesitate before she does. "You are NOT dangerous. Just because you found out what happened to your parents and who your grandfather is, doesn't define who you are. You are strong, powerful, smart, caring, nurturing, and a Jedi. Just because Palpatine is your grandfather, doesn't mean that you have to follow in his footsteps."

Rey finally looks up at you and you can tell she's appreciative of your words. You give her a brief smile before wrapping your arm around her and pulling her into your side that she snuggles into.

"Don't let this control you, honey," you say, kissing her head. "I still see you as that beautiful scavenger girl on Jakku. Even though you're a Jedi now, you're still my Rey from Jakku."

You feel a smile press into your chest and Rey raises her head to kiss you.

"I don't know what I'd do without you..." She states, her eyes gazing into yours.

"I don't know what I'd do without you either but what I DO know is that we're going to stop Palpatine together."

"That's very noble but I don't want you facing him."

"I don't want you facing him either but you know we're going to have to. We're the only Jedi's in the Resistance. We have to try."

"It's just..." She sighs.

"Just what?"

Rey looks down again. "I'm worried that he'll turn you. You say that you use the Dark Side of the Force when you have to but I don't want you to use it when we face him. What if he turns you while you're using it?"

"I can say the same about you. He can turn anyone he wants."

Rey looks at you again.

"I'm not going to deny that using the Dark Side of the Force against the Dark Lord himself probably isn't the best idea but I will do what I can as a Gray Jedi. Using the Dark Side is apart of who I am and what I believe in. I understand that you're worried but I've used the Dark Side many times and I have resisted its pull each time it calls out to me."

"Promise me that you'll resist it again. Promise me that you won't turn when we face him. Promise that you'll stay strong and still be the woman I know and love."

Rey's eyes harbour so much vulnerability and concern, it tugs at your heart and presses tears to your eyes.

"I promise," you nod.

"Good." Rey gives a meager smile then cups your face and kisses you.