Chapter XIX

"Rey, please be safe when we get there," you say as you prepare to land on Kef Bir in the hope to wind the Wayfinder. "Who knows what is going to be there and the last thing I want is for something to happen to you."

"Don't worry, Stars. I'll be safe. You need to be as well. Just keep that lightsaber close."

"I hope that I won't have to use it."

"Ah!" Rey jolts when she gets zapped as the two of you attempt to fix the landing gear.

"Here," you hand Rey a clip for the wires, holding everything in place.

"All that matters is finding the Wayfinder," Rey says. "And finding Exegol."

"Yes, that's what we're doing."

Suddenly, Rey pauses as if she is having a vision. You stop and wait for her to speak.

"Palpatine killed my mother... and my father... I'm going to find Palpatine and destroy him."

Her words are cold and menacing and you can feel her anger. You have felt a lot of anger within her ever since she discovered her identity and it makes you worry.

"Rey, that doesn't sound like you. In fact, it's NOT you."

Rey closes the lid to the landing gear and turns to you.

"Everyone keeps telling me that - that they know me and what is and isn't me but I fear that nobody knows who I am."

With that, Rey pushes past you and it stings. You can feel the conflict within Rey and you can feel it in your heart and it's heavy and painful. You wish you could do more for her. You wish that you could take away her pain and bear it because you know you could. You have battled with who you really were for a long time before Rey and once you accepted it, things changed for you. You believe it will be good for Rey to accept who she is but that's what she's afraid of. You can feel her fear but accepting doesn't mean conforming and turning to the Dark Side. There is no way you will ever let that happen. Rey's heart is too good and pure to be turned. You won't let anything happen to her as long as you live.

Unfortunately, you don't get any more time to ponder as Poe lands on Kef Bir. The landing is rough and you swear you hear several things below break and shatter. It sounds like it will be hours worth of repairs. This ship really needs to retire...

"Everyone okay?" Poe calls out and you all concur.

The doors open and Rey is the first one out and you are quick on her heel. This is where you really need to watch out for Rey now. You are getting closer to where you need to be and you can't afford for Rey to spiral any further. You feel that you have already lost so much of her in such a short amount of time. It pains you deeply.

You and your team exit the Falcon and walk up the hillside. The weather is rather cool and very windy when you approach the cliff edge. Here, you feel a Force pull and that's when you see it - the remnants of the Death Star across a vicious sea. You instinctively raise your hand to your heart as you feel the pull and it's strong... dark, even.

"Hey," Rey sports a hand on your shoulder. "Are you all right?" Her eyes are soft and you can see the Rey you know and love again.

"Yes," you nod, forcing a weak smile. "It'll take us a long time to find the Wayfinder in there."

"It'll take us YEARS to find what we're looking for!" Poe declares.

"Only this blade tells..." Rey pulls out the dagger she retrieved from the cavern. 

Examining it carefully, Rey feels an attachment within the handle. Grabbing the edge, Rey pulls out an extension of the handle that loops around, almost like a scythe.

"What's that?" You ask.

"I think this is about to make our search a lot easier..."

Rey holds up the dagger over the Death Star where she matches the grooves with that of the wreckage until they click into place.

"The Wayfinder is in there," Rey announces.

"Well, we can't cross now," you say. "The water is too vicious. We have to wait it out."

"We can't wait any longer," Rey turns to you. "Kylo Ren could be following us so we have to move now."

"Rey, it's dangerous! There's always another way, okay? And right now, our other way is time."

"Stars, I'm not waiting. We've come this far and we didn't come just to wait!"

"I know but we have also come too far to die in raging waters because of your impatience!"

"I'm not impatient! I'm practical! We're losing time!"

Before you know it, you and Rey are bickering and this isn't the first time this has happened. Ever since Rey discovered who she was, you two have been fighting a lot more. They are not serious fights, but simply little disagreements. Regardless, it's not pleasant and you know this behaviour isn't like Rey. You knew her learning who she really was wasn't a good idea. Part of you wishes she remained oblivious.

"Ah, ladies, I hate to disturb you but we've got company!" Finn announces and the pair of you turn around to see a group of people riding on horse-like creatures.

You keep your hand near your lightsaber but thankfully, they are friendlies led by a warrior who tells you that she picked up a transmission from Babu Frik.

"We need to get inside that wreck," says Rey. "There's something inside it that we need."

"I can take you there by water but it will have to be first light tomorrow. It's too dangerous now."

"We can't wait that long. We don't have enough time," Rey tells her.

"Rey," you speak in attempt to calm her.

"It's too dangerous," the warrior reinforces. "There is nothing you can do but wait."

Rey turns to you for support but this time, you cannot offer it.

"We have to wait, honey. I know it's not what you want to hear but we have to wait. In the meantime, let's fix up the Falcon."

Rey sighs and the group follows the woman, whose name is revealed to be Jannah, back to the Falcon. You get started working on the Falcon and there is quite a lot of damage and, thankfully, Jannah has spare parts and offers her assistance. Things go rather well until Poe yells out for you and he sounds distressed. Leaping out of the ship, you see Poe, Finn, and Jannah racing to the cliff edge.

"What's happening?" You ask.

"It's Rey! BB-8 saw her going to the water!"

"What?" You practically scream.

You reach the cliff edge where you spot Rey on a skimmer in the middle of the crashing and unforgiving waves.

"If that water doesn't kill her, I will," you snap. "We have to get her."

"So you want the rest of us to risk our lives?" Poe questions. "It's too dangerous."

"I'm not asking you to go after her, Poe. I don't know what's wrong with you lately but you better sort it out because now is NOT the time to be fighitng amongst one another. I will go after my love because she cannot do this alone. Jannah," you turn to her. "Is there another skimmer?"

"Yes, but-"

"Excellent. Let's get it down to the water. The sooner I get to her, the better."