prologue

The Kingdom of Great Britain, unknown year.

Harry's POV:

"Bloody hell!" I said as I wiped the blood drawn from my bruised lips.

I opened my eyes as I had been kicked off onto the floor by my opponent. The sound of others cheering was only making me feel irritated somehow.

I got up to my knees as well before shaking my knuckles to my sides.

He smirked at me as he saw that I would never give up.

Of course, I wouldn't. I was a man that people knew who didn't give a shit about giving up. My level of persistence was so high that I would rather be killed than living without even trying or finishing my job.

"Know your limits, Styles. You got balls to get up, don't ya?" He said.

I chuckled at his words as my eyes darkened.

"Oh how sweet of you to be reminding me about that, Collins. Just so you know, I don't give a shit." I spat lowly.

His smirk turned into an angry expression after hearing that.

Good to see.

It was merely an intention anyway.

"I'll help you get down again, Styles!" He shouted.

I stood up straight and he finally ran towards me at full speed. This was it. I could end this.

The final round.

I will finally end it and beat Collins. He was beaten up pretty badly as his eyes were bruised and even his left leg had been bleeding. It was all because of me. I did that to him.

I felt bad as a collegue but this was all for competition.

We needed to fight each other and there's no way to turn back now. I could see the last punch he was going to throw towards me.

I could see the anger and the jealousy in his raging eyes.

We were the two ones that were left.

At this point, we should already be enemies. I knew how he felt and he knew the same thing with me.

I gritted my teeth even though they hurt like hell but I didn't care.

I just wanted to end this.

With that, I saw him coming for me as I immediately caught his fist in mine. He screamed in anger so I took the chance to slip down and kicked him onto the ground.

"Agh!" He groaned, desperately fighting me with all his remaining energy.

He took the knife and swung it at me. My eyes widened in surprised but I caught it just in time before it could even reach my skin.

"Fuck." I grabbed the knife in his hand and finally knocked his head with it before finally jumping onto him and aimed the sharp metal towards his face.

"ARGH!" I screamed with all my might but stopped an inch away.

He squinted his eyes shut and breathed heavily.

I won.

I chuckled when he slowly opened his bright blue eyes, only to see the sharp edge near one of them.

The bell suddenly rang indicating that I've won. The people started cheering for me.

I smirked and looked at Alex as he glared at me.

"Fuck you, Styles." He cursed loudly.

I only smiled bitterly before throwing the knife away to the side and got up from trapping his body.

He sat upright.

I stared at him just to hear him saying the next words.

"This isn't over, Styles." He stood up.

"I will win the next time we meet." He added.

My head shook slightly.

"There will be no next time, Collins. I'm done with you." I said and with that, I made my way out from the arena and walked through the long hallway towards my waiting room.

I could hear the speaker booming behind me becoming fade.

"Harry Styles is the last man standing!" The announcer announced.

My suit was ripped apart and even the buttons of my shirt were missing here and there. I sighed and groaned loudly.

Fuck this final mission.

I was all worn out and tired as hell.

Some of the staffs congratulated me but I couldn't care less. I only wanted to rest.

I wanted my body to heal.

I wanted to regain my energy again for god's sake.

I finally got into my waiting room but somehow there was someone who was already there.

My boss.

"Mr. Harrison?" I walked inside but he smiled as he saw me.

"Mr. Styles, congratulations. You're officially the last man standing in this Royal Secret Service missions." He came forward.

I saw my own reflection in the mirror before looking up at him again.

"Thank you, sir. It's been a pleasure of being here since day one. Thank you for everything." I said with due respect as he was a royalty, himself. A duke to be exact.

He nodded but then he put his hands into his pockets.

"Sit down, Harry. Now I know that you just finished your last mission but right now I want to offer you a kind of permanent job here." He stated.

I admitted that I was mentally exhausted but who was I kidding because this was why I came here in the first place. I wanted a job.

I needed money.

I've been through so much ever since I was a little kid. My family wasn't rich at all and we were poor for all of our life.

I couldn't afford to live like that forever so I made a choice to join this forces.

Turned out it went pretty well than I had expected. Years of training were all paid off.

All for a job.

"Sure. What's the job? I'm all ears and all ready for it." I said and took a seat nearby. He clasped his hands together before shutting the door completely.

"Now, Harry. As you know, our kingdom isn't as safe as before anymore. Enemies keep coming every single day and only we know about it and that our people don't. You know what had happened to the King and Queen, right?" He started to explain and I was listening intently, trying to catch every single word he says.

"I'm indeed aware of that, sir." I nodded.

He sighed and finally looked at me.

"Harry, what I'm saying is that my family is in danger and I'm hiring you as my daughter's personal bodyguard." He finally said it.

My eyes widened.

"You mean, the princess?"

-