chapter five

"How old are you, Harry?" I asked out of nowhere while we were walking down the hall towards the office.

He turned to the back to look at me as he led the way this time.

"That was a sudden." He rose his eyebrows.

"I'm just curious, that's all." I replied back so he simply rolled his eyes.

"24." He answered and I smiled after hearing his response.

"I'm 2-"

"21, yeah I do know how old you are, Stel." He cut me off.

"Oh, yeah of course you would know." I sulked.

He stopped abruptly in front of the closed door before meeting my eyes again.

"I've read about you before, remember?" He looked down to me.

"Yeah, I remember." I sighed and waited until he finally opened the door for us to come in.

As we got inside, we were immediately greeted with my parents, along with another guest that I had never met with before, talking to each other.

When they saw us, the guest stood up from his seat to excuse himself.

My parents then thanked him.

"Thank you for your work, Niall. We'll be seeing each other again soon." I heard my father said to him.

I was still standing at the door and he paused to bow at me before looking up into my eyes.

He smirked before glancing me then towards Harry in just a couple of second but I caught that eventually.

His expression didn't look very reassuring if you asked me.

I turned to Harry and saw him already giving the coldest look he could probably show.

I gulped looking at the both of them before Niall finally went outside but not before I saw him smirking to himself.

I felt slightly weirded out a bit.

What's the matter with this Niall guy?

"Sit down you two." My father finally called us. I sat down along with Harry by my side on the couch opposite of them.

My father then drank his tea before putting the cup again on the coffee table.

He was drinking tea yet putting them on the so called coffee table. See what I did there?

I stiffled a laughter but my father caught it.

"What's so funny, Stella?" He raised his eyebrows.

I immediately dropped my smile and shook my head.

"Nothing, dad. Just thought of something funny."

My father only stared at me in silence before getting to the real topic that I had been feeling curious for.

"Alright, here's the thing that I want to talk about to both of you. It's rather important so pay attention." He started as I glanced at Harry, he was nodding seriously.

I gulped and nodded my head as well.

I wonder what this was all about.

He sounded serious than ever.

"I just want to inform that," he paused before looking at me sadly.

"you're in great danger, my dear Stella." He announced.

At that, my eyes widened in confusion yet fear started creeping under my skin.

I looked at everyone in the room and saw how my mother's lip was quivering as she was about to cry. I turned to Harry but he was only frowning in distress.