chapter fourteen

Harry's POV:

We crossed the streets and a lot of vintage shops came into view.

I saw how excited and carefree Stella was being. She was so fascinated by pretty much everything that she saw.

"This is my very first time ever being outdoor like this." She chuckled.

I could only stare at her in mesmerized upon her innocence about the outside world.

"I couldn't believe I'm missing out a lot."  She squealed.

As we were walking side by side, I pretty much was only following wherever she wanted to go but the gun on my waistband was always ready if anything bad happens but, of course, I had to hide it and play cool like a normal citizen from everyone else in the neighbourhood.

We need to stay lowkey as much as possible.

"This is very beautiful." she said. We stopped in front of a flower shop and there were a lot of fairy lights hanging, making the flowers looked magical at some point.

"Almost like my dream flower shop." I heard her added.

I saw her crouching down near some very small-like flowers I guess, I'm not so sure as I don't know much about them. I don't even give a damn actually.

Her safety only was my top priority.

"These are my favourites." she touched them lightly.

I saw how she was loving them so I just had to ask.

"What's the name of the flower this time?" I put my hands into my pockets, waiting for her reply.

She looked up to me with her sparkly eyes before opening her mouth to answer. I had to admit that the view almost took my breath away.

She was indeed beautiful like everyone says and soft looking like those flowers that she loves.

"This is baby's breath, Harry. They're the most adorable flower yet aesthetic too. Out of all the flowers that I admire, this one is my favourite. Nothing could beat it." she seemed very pleased after explaining them to me.

"Do you want to know the meaning of it?" she smiled innocently. I stared at them for a few seconds and before I got lost, my mind finally pushed those thoughts away. What the hell was I thinking about?

I blinked at her before tilting my head, showing that I wasn't actually interested just to cover my action before.

"What is it?" I questioned nonchalantly.

She picked one randomly before eyeing it in her hold. I saw how she was really admiring the beauty of the flower and it somehow made my heart swayed for unknown reasons.

She looked so innocent yet very fragile at the same time, just like the flower in her hand.

"It literally means,"

She paused before continuing.

"to express everlasting love and purity. It helps remind people to cherish each loved one and show affection as much as possible." she tilted her head before nodding and putting the flower back to its place.

Love and purity.

I could only smirk at her behaviour.

"Baby's breath, huh?" I nodded to myself.

"Yup." She got up before we continued to walk again.

"Harry, look at this!" she suddenly beamed as she looked towards the displayed animals of a pet shop.