chapter fifteen

Stella's POV:

Today marked the third time that Harry and I came to this pet shop. I played with the cat which now I called 'Dusty' and even the owner already recognized us.

"You sure love cats, don't you?" she delightedly looked over towards us.

I nodded my head while petting Dusty in my hold.

"She's very cute." I exclaimed.

She then came over meanwhile Harry was only staring from beside me.

"Why don't you take her home then? I've seen you come here a few times before and kept playing with the same kitten." she asked. What she didn't know was that I got beyond excited hearing her suggestion but then I saw Harry's cold expression.

He flashed me a knowing look.

My smile slowly faded away.

"Well, I like her but I don't think I'm ready yet. Maybe, one day." I spoke instead. Harry noticed how my voice turned small but my hands were still holding Dusty lovingly.

The owner then nodded her head in understanding.

"No worries, you'll be ready sooner or later if you're dedicated enough. Cats are really a good stress reliever so I can still keep her here for you if you want until you change your mind of course." she smiled.

My heart beamed upon her words.

"Really? You'll do that for me?"

She grinned.

"Of course. I can see you're very familiar with cats here especially to this little one. I bet you must have fallen in love with her already."

I chuckled as well but then I remembered about my current situation. I was still living with Harry so there was definitely not a chance for me to keep her. Besides, I don't think Harry would ever agree.

I looked up to her before putting Dusty down into her cage gently and bit onto my lower lip.

"Yeah, surely. She's a lovely cat. Reminds me a lot of my old pet but," I glanced at Harry.

"there's a very slim chance for me to keep her. It's okay though, seeing her this way is still enough for me. You don't have to keep her for me." I walked up to Harry and we smiled at her before walking out.

We exited the store and I glanced through the big display glass.

Dusty was now walking around and playing with the other kittens.

A small smile appeared on my face.

"Dusty." I whispered to no one in particular.

Author's POV:

Harry knew that Stella really wanted to have the kitten as her pet. She even named her 'Dusty' just like her old pet. He knew she must've missed it a lot.

However, he also knew that she was holding herself back. She really wanted the kitten but couldn't say so to him. She knew better on what was going on around her.

Harry kept glancing at her sad face but she kept hiding it each time he noticed it. He didn't want to ask any further so they just kept walking around the city hoping that she would somehow forget about the matter.

At the same time, a person smirked in a distance when he saw his target was freely walking around the street without a care in the world through these past few days he had been stalking.

Doesn't she know that she's in danger? He thought.

But before he got too happy, he saw someone beside her, a guy to be specific.