chapter eight

It was already night time and Harry was sending me back to my room. He didn't smile at all as of today nor treating me as nice as the first few days we met.

Was that how men treat women nowadays?

My heart was beating fast as I knew I had to go to the forest again tonight to look for my phone.

I tried to ignore the sad feelings that Harry was eventually treating me harsher than before earlier.

"Stella, sleep early tonight. We're going out to the city as soon as the sun is up. Do not go anywhere without calling me first. Goodnight." He bid goodnight and I nodded before he went outside and closed the door.

I quickly tip toed towards it and put my ear against the door to hear for Harry's footsteps fading away.

When he did went away, I quickly went to the balcony and climbed myself down from my room before dashing towards the forest.

How was I so stupid for being so careless like this?

I entered the dark place and a lot of random and eerie things were heard but I couldn't care less.

I went towards behind the bushes to uncover my secret hidden spot.

I walked to the stream and crossed it before hopping onto the ground again.

I smiled when I saw Dusty.

"Hey little one. Harry was really mad at me last night for visiting you but I doubted that he knows the truth. He kept ordering me around as well like can you even believe that?" I instantly ranted to Dusty.

At the same time, my eyes just stared at the stone with her name carved on it.

"Harry was quite mean to me to be exact. I'm already hating him to be honest." I paused and looked at Dusty.

"I hate him so much, Dusty." I frowned.

"How can I even live with him after this?" I stopped walking and felt something fell from my eyes.

It was my tears.

"Now look at me, crying like a pathetic person again. All these stress just by living my life were killing me I swear to god." I whispered to myself.

I panted heavily after ranting out before closing myself just to calm myself again.

"Sometimes I think that I don't deserve the world at all. Obviously it was against me." I sobbed silently.

"I thought that I made the right decision when I decided to agree with my parents about Harry but-" I stopped myself while wiping away my tears.

I sniffed and stood up.

"Anyway, have you seen my phone anywhere, Dusty? I couldn't seem to find it." I looked around the the ground nearby through the darkness but it was nowhere to be found.

It's been quite some time but still there was no sight of the gadget.

"Damn it! Where is it?" I finally groaned in frustration. I ran here for nothing.

"Looking for this?" A voice suddenly interrupted me making me gasped in fear.

I looked around and tried my best to look for the culprit under the shining moonlight.

Just then, a movement was seen nearby a tree from in front of me.

I gasped as he finally came out from the darkness. His face was now shone by the moonlight but he was somehow looking furious than ever.

Harry.

He clenched his jaw tightly and I saw him raising his hand with my phone in his hold.

I raised my eyebrows as realisation finally hits me.