27: Right Words

Ross' POV

"Rydel I'm not going"

What did she just say? Okay I know eavesdropping is a bad thing but it's not my fault. I was here to give them ketchup and then heard something about prom and Laura being an idiot again.

"Why not??"

"One, tickets must be sold out by now
Two, I don't have a date
Three, I find prom a celebration of gender specific people and a unrealistic portrayal of romantic love" Laura said. Really? She actually believes that.

"Okay third one is so not true. You literally talked about senior year prom, whole of the junior year. And I'll take care of the other two." Raini said reading my mind.

"Raini I can't go to prom with any random person. I really don't wanna talk about it. Can we talk about something else?"

They started talking about something else. But these stupid girls left me thinking and I don't like overthinking. And since I was in it now, I went outside the house for a walk. _____________________________________________________________

After about two hours when I walked in, I saw Raini leaving.

"Hey where's Laura?" I asked

"She just went out. She was a bit sad. I think it was because of me, I shouldn't have asked her about Prom."

"It's okay, you didn't know how she'll react. I'll talk to her. See you tomorrow at the concert"

And I ran outside again, straight to her. I got a little confused with directions but I finally found her. She looked at me and asked "you knew?" I smiled seeing her, sitting on the porch of her tree house. I climbed the ladder and sat beside her.

"That this is your Sad spot? Of course I knew. You have a very readable face and normal requirements. Here..." I pulled out some chocolates from my pocket and gave it to her.

"Thanks" she said smiling.

"So you are not going to prom because of this Nicholas guy right?" I asked, already knowing the answer. She nodded giving me half of the chocolate.

"Is he worth it??" I asked.

"How do you always know the right thing to say???" She said smiling. And I being a clutz, blushed.

"I learnt from the best girl in the world" I said leaning back with support of my hands which rested upon either side of my waist.

"Don't tell anybody" I whispered, "she has really cool tree house".

She laughed leaning back too. We stayed like that for a while.

"So we are on kitchen duty cause mom and dad went on a date. So how about we make some chicken curry and rice? We can make some chocolate mousse if you want." I said trying to change the topic.

"We literally have none of the ingredients" she said with bit of mocking tone.

"Then let's go buy some" I jumped off the tree house and helped her as well.

"I don't have a car idiot" Laura said crossing my arms.

"I know, we're gonna skate there" I said pulling her arm. She constantly said no but I didn't paid a heed to it. We bought a lot of groceries for the week. Also met some fans. We made dinner together, had a little fight about spices and stuff. Man she would be the best girlfriend ever. Did I just say girlfriend? And now I'm blushing. I'm getting weirder day by day.
________________________________________

We bowed to the Sydney audience in metro theatre. We had a great show. I grabbed the mic to say goodbye to these awesome people.

"Yo Sydney" I shouted and they hooted in return." This was the last show of our tour and you've all been amazing. We absolutely love this city chiefly because our brilliant songwriter is from here. With that saying I would like to congratulate all of you because you all are the first people to know that WE ARE RELEASING OUR NEW ALBUM." The audience cheered.