Tour bug

Sorry it's another sicfic but someone requested it.

The strictly tour cast had just landed in Manchester Airport from Aberdeen. They were due to travel from the airport to Leeds, where the show was that night. Unfortunately the tour bus that was supposed to meet them at the airport hadn't shown up, leaving the whole cast stranded outside terminal 3 as if they'd all pitched up from Magaluf.

What was worse was the tour manager Dan had been taken ill with a suspected stomach bug and so the rest of the admin team were frantically searching for other methods of transport to Leeds.

As soon as a coach turned up, the cast were quickly ushered on and the coach arrived just in time for sound check at the new arena.  Dianne had developed a bit of a headache whilst travelling but assumed it was because she hadn't been to the hotel yet or got her bearings in Leeds yet.

Whilst waiting off stage to run through Kelvins samba, Dianne became aware of how much her head really was throbbing. It was making her feel sick to her stomach and she had an overwhelming desire to sit down, preferably under a blanket in bed but anywhere would've done. Her heart sank as she realised she had to go on and dance. This was most unusual, not only did she adore dance more than anything else in her life, kelvins samba was her one of her favourites on this tour only beaten by toxic.

She marked the dance, hoping to conserve some energy but also trying not to make it obvious. She didn't want any fuss and she was professional, she could deal with a little headache. As soon as she had finished she went straight to the girls changing room and tried to switch off. The toxic run through still needed to happen, and currently Dianne didn't think she'd get through it.

"Di you alright?" A concerned Amy had noticed how quiet she had been, and now seeing her resting her eyes instead of quickly getting changed to match the strict schedule only worried her further.

"Mmfine," Dianne mumbled, trying not to move and suddenly very aware of how sick she was feeling.

"You're turning green you know!"

"I've always suited green" Dianne tried to distract Amy and herself from the situation that was becoming evident.

Suddenly Dianne leaped up and sprinted towards the bathroom. She threw up a little and came out of the cubical to meet Amy who was pouting slightly at her.

"It's alright gorgeous! Do you think you'll be okay now?"

Dianne didn't answer straight away. In reality she felt extremely queasy but the idea of missing out on a show was heartbreaking. She was only in Leeds for a few days and there were fans, young and old, desperate to see her. Not to mention all her co-stars and friends that would have to step in to cover for her. Deciding to avoid the question for now, she shrugged.

"I think I just need a quick sleep"

And Dianne left the bathroom for the sofa in the dressing room where she knew she could nap. Amy was more alert and aware that a nasty bug had been going around the production team rather quickly, having heard that Karen was out of the show tonight and quarantined to her room, she felt morally obliged to tell a producer what she had witnessed.

After being told she couldn't perform that night, and being quarantined from the rest of the cast, Dianne was left in a hotel room feeling lonely and sick. She hadn't actually been sick again, trying to prove to the producers that she really was okay, but the queasy sensation hadn't left her and she was certain in that moment she could puke on demand.

She quickly FaceTimed Joe, without much hope. He'd been working all day and didn't even know she was ill.

"Hey sweetheart, why aren't you ready?" Joe seemed cheery but his smile faded when he saw  his girlfriend green, miserable and obviously in bed.

"I'm not very well, they won't let me perform" Dianne's eyes spilled withe tears she hadn't even realised she was holding in. All the frustration and anger that had built up during the day finally come out as emotion.

"Hey hey sweetheart it's okay, you're okay,"

Dianne shook her head and immediately ran to the bathroom, leaving her phone with a very worried Joe on the bed. Joe could hear his love retching and coughing and he felt so powerless as he sat in his office at home.

A minute or so later, Di returned to Joe who was trying his best to see if he could arrange meetings and come up to see her.

"Dot, I'm really sorry, there's no way I can rearrange the Margravine meeting with Flo tomorrow morning, or I'd be with you in a heartbeat."

Dianne nodded, she returned to the bathroom, this time bring Joe along with her.

"You still not feeling better gorgeous?" Joe tentatively asked.

"No I feel so shit Joe, I'm so annoyed, it's just fucking typical!"

She was sobbing again now and Joe could practically feel his heart split in two as he watched his girlfriend fall apart in front of him. He could see all her pain and frustration so clearly, but she was still hundreds of miles away and he couldn't do anything.

Dianne belched again loudly and dry gagged before bringing up even more stomach acid.

"I need to stop now if there gonna let me perform tomorrow but I can't and I don't know what to do,"

"Dot breathe it'll be okay," Dianne was starting to pant slightly and Joe knew if she worked herself up anymore she'd only make the situation worse.

"No joe please there's so many people complaining I'm not performing tonight, people travel so far and I know I've not got a partner but I'm in nearly every dance and they've cut toxic tonight and all because I'm a wimp..."

Dianne interrupted herself by coughing and retching hard. She was annoyed at the comments people had made, in reality not feeling guilty about the audiences missing out. She felt worse for Amy and Katya and Luba who had learned her part this afternoon as well as continuing their own dances.

"Hey Dot you need to breathe please." Joe was pleading with her now.

Dianne didn't reply, her head still positioned above the toilet and her eyes were tightly shut from what Joe could make out on his small phone screen. He quickly messaged Neil so see if he could go and comfort her, seeing her so poorly and alone was breaking his heart.

Hey mate, after the show can you go and check Dianne's asleep okay. Got her on the phone now and she's really upset😢

Oh Joe I'm really sorry, the producers won't let us see her😢 she's being quarantined to try and stop the spread. I'll make sure a medic goes in tho!

Joe sighed. In reality he knew no one would be able to comfort Dianne other than the professionals but it was unfair to put them at risk.

"Dot you'll be alright you know. We're going back to all these places with the Joe and Dianne Show so you'll be able to perform to the people who really matter."

Joe stopped to sigh. His girlfriend still hadn't moved and he was beginning to worry about her passing out.

"Everyone gets ill Dot, they'll get over it,"

Dianne's silence was broken by her sobbing loudly.

"I just love the show this year, and I only get to do it 29 times and now even less and what if I don't get asked back next year because I'm too unreliable"

"Hey don't get worked up again, you can't think about what ifs sweetheart. It's also not your fault, you're not unreliable, you've got a stomach bug for gods sake."

Dianne nodded, the exhaustion from throwing up so often taking over her. She left joe confused by the toilet for a few moments, only to return with her pillow and duvet.

"I feel way too queasy to leave this room not going to lie,"

"Awww Dot you're such a trouper, try and get some sleep though, I love you!"

"Mmflove you too"