He'd never get her

Part 2 of Dancing on my own:

"Dianne... Dianne... can you let me in?" Joe shouted, trying his best to catch his breath after sprinting straight from the tube station.

"Door should open..." Dianne whispered down the phone. Joe felt his heart drop even further at the sound of her broken voice.

He knew she was in danger and he'd done nothing. How on earth could he ever forgive himself? Not knowing what state his dance partner would be in, Joe braced himself for the worst. If she's seriously bad, it'll all be your fault! Joes thoughts were invading and scrutinising and all he wanted was for Dianne to be alright.

In fact as joe was running up the stairs to flat 3b, he became aware that he's never felt this protective over anyone. Except perhaps his sister when she finally admitted the toxic relationship she'd found herself in years ago.

"Dianne I'm here, which room are you in?"

"Bedroom" she whimpered, Joe scarcely able to hear her.

She was talking she was still alive.

Wow Joes thoughts had gone dark, it even shocked himself. He was just a young lad from the British countryside who'd had a bit of luck and got a job in London.

How on earth had been naïve enough to think he could handle this?

Joe tried to push his thoughts away. He couldn't focus on them now, he had to focus on Dianne. She was relying on him.

Joes heart dropped further when he saw his partner lying limp and lifeless between the en-suite and bed. She had a nasty cut between her eyes and her scalp was bleeding badly. On further examination, Joe discovered pieces of glass sticking out of her gorgeous red locks.

"Hey I'm here," Joe said gently, he knew he had to be the calm one here.

"Joe I...I...I c..c..c..can't s...s...s..ee really really.. I'm dizz..dizzy.."

Joe observed Dianne's paling face, the partner he'd found so strong throughout the past through weeks. He'd seen her dance with the other pros and she was simply incredible. If Joe wasn't super aware that people literally have no idea what others are dealing with, he would have assumed she was always super happy and positive.

Now wasn't the time to hesitate though, Dianne was losing blood. Lots of blood and rapidly.

"999 what service do you require?" The phone connected immediately.

"Erm Ambulance please, thanks!"

Come on Joe, nows really not the time to be socially awkward.

"Ambulance service, is the patient breathing?"

Jesus these calls were fast, Joe hadn't had time to think.

"Erm yeah just about, I think she's drifting out of consciousness though..."

Joe held Dianne on his lap, not sure if he should try to keep her awake or let her body shut down so it could save energy.

"What's happened?"

"I think it was her boyfriend, she called and I don't know, she's got a pretty bad cut in her nose and there's glass in her hair and the blood. Urgh please help there's so much blood and i'm losing her, what do I do?"

Joe was starting to panic. The severity of the situation was quickly becoming apparent. It was as if speaking out loud confirmed that this situation wasn't a dream, wasn't a nightmare, it was happening right now and right in front of him!

"Try and keep talking to her, see if you can keep her awake. How old is she?,"

"Erm 29? 29 yeah and no medical conditions as far as I'm aware."

"Ok, the paramedics are on their way, I'll stay on the line, but talk to her!"

The lady on the line was so calm and collected. It instantly calmed the YouTuber knowing that at least one person knew what to do.

"Di, Di can you stay awake for me. Tell me about the Argentine Tango, the first one?"

"Mmmph I don't know, I just know it's fun, it's not my specialty..."

Damn it Joe, don't try to be clever, keep it simple to the stuff you know.

"What about your home town, tell me everything you did.."

"Ermm Bunbury, in Wedtern Australia.."

Joe nodded, keen he'd finally found a subject that might distract Dianne enough, might keep her awake until the ambulance arrived.

"It's right next to the sea, my school was next to the sea, it's why I'm so stupid"

"Hey you're not stupid, how you remember all those steps seriously baffles me!"

"No I'm just really academically stupid"

Dianne's volume was decreasing and her eyes were now shut permanently.

"Di can you stay awake for me sweetheart?"

"Mmmph really tired Joe"

"I know but just a few more minutes please, you've been so strong so far..."

It felt like years before the comforting sirens and blue lights filled the street. Dianne was bandaged and put on gas and air instantly.

"Is that helping the pain?" Joe tentatively asked, his hand intertwined with hers in an attempt to provide any comfort.

Dianne nodded meekly and rested her shoulder on his head. Joe was taken aback by this sudden display of affection, they'd hardly touched since the fight weeks ago. Only when they had to for the show. Despite this, he planted a quick kiss on her forehead.

As joe watched Dianne get wheeled into the ambulance for more checks at hospital, he came to a sudden realisation.

The protectiveness he felt around Dianne, his admiration of her beauty, the need to hold her, comfort her, even kiss her.

Joe Sugg had found himself a proper crush.

For the first time ever, Joe wanted to be with a girl, not just for a hook up. In fact sex with Dianne wasn't really on his radar. Of course he was sexually attracted to her, but it was more about what she wanted for once.

As Joe followed her into the Ambulance his heart sank. He could never have her, how could she ever trust a man again after what George did to her? But what Dianne said next surprised him the most.

"Joseph I'm sorry I snapped at you. You tried to warn me, I'm sorry" she whispered.

"Hey what you talking about, it's okay, I know how difficult it is but now we do have to do something about him," Joe was suddenly stern with her.

"Since I met you, I haven't really even liked him, not as much as I like you"

Dianne shut her eyes and fell into a long awaited sleep.

Sadly smiling to himself, Joe chose to ignore his dance partners admission. She was high on pain killers and delirious. 

He'd never get her.