Rest

Joe sighed as he finally unlocked his apartment door, having fumbled with the keys for far longer than he'd hoped, after the long week he'd had filming. Sure he was grateful for all the opportunities he was getting, there was no doubt about that, he was just tired, and he missed his girlfriend. Checking his watch quickly, Joe sighed again, it was only half 7, and Dianne wouldn't return from the strictly pro tour rehearsals until gone 9. Immediately Joe headed to the kitchen and poured himself a coffee, eager to stay awake for her return and get his fix of Dotty cuddles.

The YouTuber allowed the noise from the kettle to fill the empty void his apartment would become when he was there alone. Of course it didn't used to be that way, Joe had lived there alone before Byron had moved in, and even then the two boys never really saw each other as they operated on completely different timezones. Nevertheless, as soon as the redheaded dancer from Australia came into his life, Joe hated being in the apartment alone.

After what felt like days of pacing aimlessly around the house, and watching tiktok videos, Joe heard the apartment door open. Instantly he felt his lips move into a smile, and he began to speed walk towards the door, almost breaking into a run as he got closer.

"Dot!" he exclaimed before engulfing her into a tight embrace, without letting Dianne even drop her bags.

"Joey" Dianne squealed, matching her boyfriends excited tone as she relaxed into the embrace.

"I missed you Dot, so much." Joe whispered, rubbing his arms up and down her back, scared that if he pulled away, she might disappear.

"I missed you too, how was your week, how was the wrap party?" Dianne smiled, forcing Joe to pull out of the cuddle and bring her hands up to caress his cheek.

"It was alright, filming was really good though, I think it's gonna be amazing." Joe suppressed his yawn and pulled Dianne's hands from his cheek, pecking them lightly. "Why are you looking at me like that?"He laughed cautiously, noticing his girlfriend pouting at him.

"You look exhausted." She sighed lightly.

"Jeez thanks," Joe chuckled, hoping to brush it off, he was just a little tired.

"No really Joe, you actually don't look well, are you feeling okay?"

"I'm absolutely fine, just tired from this week." Joe persisted, although he let Dianne pull him back into a cuddle and rested his head on hers, she was comfortable.

"If you say so, let's have an early night though yeah? You've got meetings all next week." Dianne sighed, more than aware that her boyfriend was once again working at full pelt and at risk of burning out. Joe meekly nodded before dragging himself upstairs. "I'll lock up then?" Dianne laughed, although joe's unawareness only increased the concern she had for him.

"What took you so long?" Joe whispered as Dianne clambered into bed, 5 minutes after the YouTuber had settled down.

"You left the kitchen in a state, and I took my makeup off."

"Hmm I was lonely" He whined.

"You can last 5 minutes, anyways I'm here now."

"You're amazing."

"You're amazing too Joey, now sleep for me?"

Dianne waited until soft snores were escaping from Joe's lips before reaching up to check his temperature. He wasn't very good at hiding when he wasn't well and over the years, Dianne had learnt to read him like a book. As stubborn as the thatcher turned YouTube could be, Dianne wasn't going to fall for it. As she had suspected, Joe's head was a little warmer than her own, she sighed quietly and wrapped herself around him becoming the big spoon.