𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈

Vᴇɴɢᴇᴀɴᴄᴇ
"You bathe in your victory,
You blew out all my fuse."



As the loud horn was sounded, the three amigos, and their new found group of friends were headed towards their destination. The old man had informed the group that it may take two days time, which Reika was not looking forward too. She knew something would go wrong during their travel, especially with the Reavers around. She hadn't had the greatest feeling about them & their leader since last night.

Currently Reika was walking behind the old man and her brother, while chatting alongside with Téa & Véa. Of course, Jaskier was by her side the whole time, trying to strike up any conversation he could with the women. It was obvious that he found the two women attractive, which only made Reika slightly annoyed.

"It is so kind of you to share of this expedition with an old man such as Borch. You're like two fiercely loyal... uh, friends. I wanna say friends. Relatives. Contract security." He rambles on as if hoping to gain as much information about the two, so he could obviously fantasize many scenarios about them later on...

"To hunt with him is an payment unsullied by payment." Téa informs Jaskier while the four of them walk closely behind the two men in front.

"But why?" Jaskier asked curiously, causing the two woman to stop in their tracks. Reika stopped as well, after noticing the two staring Jaskier down, as if he just insulted them.

"He is the most beautiful." Véa informs Jaskier making his eyebrows to furrow in confusion. This only made the two woman to scoff, and walk off leaving him behind, and speechless.

"Beautiful?" He scoffs to himself, clearly shocked from their choice of words. Reika couldn't help to roll her eyes, and drag the bard farther up the hill once noticing they were falling behind from the others.

"Everyone has their own definition of beauty, Jaskier." She reminds the bard, finally letting go of his hand once they caught up with the others.

"What's yours?" Jaskier asks curiously, causing Reika to raise he one eyebrow at the bard. It wasn't that she didn't want to express her opinion, but it was more that she was stunned at how bluntly he asked.

"I-I-mean—I'm just interested if all woman think the same. A-About the definition of beauty." Jaskier suddenly stutters once noticing the girls stern reaction to his question.

"Do all men think the same?" Reika asked the bard almost snidely.

"No."

"Then that's your answer."

While climbing the large mountain for about four hours, they finally made it halfway. Everyone knew they were getting closer to the campsite, but they still had to climb a little further uphill. But from where they were currently standing, they could spot the burning mountain beside them. The fire had pretty much died down, and all that was left was burned trees, and a large patch of charcoal colored land. The smell still lingered in the air, which was still so strong, which made it more harder for some of the groups to breathe.