Chapter 10

*Y/n's POV*

As Peter set me down behind a piece of a building that was still left, I heard the screams of En Saba Nehru.

"Charles...I know you can hear me. We're still, connected." He said pointing at his head with his fingers.

"Charles! Show yourself! CHARLES! SHOW YOURSELF! " He yelled out in anger.

"We have to do something." Peter turned to me.

"Yeah." I twisted to him as well. "But what?"

"I'll distract him. You try and do something with the metal lying around." He came up with quickly.

"Okay. Be safe." I kissed his cheek and he was off.

I saw the silver blur punching and kicking En Saba Nehru around, it all going so fast until it suddenly stopped. I felt the air remaining in my lungs leave until there was none left.

My brother was caught off guard by that asshole. His foot was covered in the ground that had risen up. He struggled to get out of it. Pulling and pulling but it didn't help any.

But that wasn't the worst. Mr. Asshole walked over to him. "Foolish child."

Peter tried to punch him but Mr. Asshole caught his hand and twisted it. My little brother screamed out in agony and he kicked Peter's leg in an awkward way.

Now that really pushed my limits.

I searched for scrap metal and picked it out from underneath debris from the demolished buildings. I walked out from behind the wall with the floating metal hidden.

I slowly walked up behind him and had a pipe float over to me. I grabbed onto it and swung it over Mr. Asshole's head in hopes it would knock him unconscious. Why did I have to be so naive like my brother.

He turned around in a creepy way that made me step back in fear, but I ended up tripping over a rock and fell on my butt. The distinct sound of metal clashing and falling to the ground was heard behind the wall where I was holding it. Shit.

I attempted to stand back up but Mr. Asshole grabbed the back of my scalp and pushed me to my knees like my brother. Panic coursed through me as I tried to break free of his grip, but he wouldn't budge. He only pulled my scalp tighter.

I saw one of Mr. Asshole's henchmen walking towards us, spinning her sword in a menacing way. She kept strutting over to us and I felt the hold on my head pull it back so my neck was exposed.

"End them."

If these were going to be my last moments in this life, I am happy they are with my twin brother. I thought of my little sister and my mom. All of those good and bad memories ran through my mind. My life was flashing before my eyes. I shed a single tear and closed my lids, preparing to go into the after life. But it never came.

I opened my eyes and saw a deep laceration in Mr. Asshole's neck, but it healed over quickly. He dropped our heads and I sighed in relief.

I looked back up only to find Mr. Asshole holding a transforming Raven in his hand, choking from his harsh grip. She scratched at his hand trying to pry it away, but she was scared I could tell. She was afraid that she wouldn't make it out alive.

I stood up, my knees buckling slightly, and started towards my brother. But I was pushed back by some force. I went tumbling back, my vision getting dizzy. I stopped and looked up at the grey clouds, all of it was fuzzy. I felt tired, I wanted to sleep.

So I let myself fall under that spell.

*3rd Person POV*

Magneto heard the screams of his son.

He let the thought of still having family left flow through his mind. He felt scared, he let his last family die. He didn't think he would get a second chance. A second chance at being loved, and loving.

The tears flowed gently down his cheekbones. This was his second chance. And he wouldn't let it go to waste.

His gaze searched for his children, landing on them almost immediately. It was just in time for Y/n to go tumbling back because of En Saba Nehru's hand pushing her back forcefully. He saw Peter wrestle with the dry ground around his foot, his broken leg not helping. He saw the evening of breath come from his daughter, her eyes closing and limbs flailed out.

And finally, someone he saw as family almost as much as his own, Raven. She was getting choked to death and he wasn't doing anything about it.

"CHARLES! COME, RESCUE YOUR WEAKLINGS! GIVE YOUR LIFE, FOR THEIRS!"

He hated to admit it to himself, but he felt rage. Rage for what was happening around him and for what En Saba Nehru was doing to this world. It made him feel stupid. How could he let this happen. He had to, no needed to stop it. He wanted to protect the world.

Magneto focused in on En Saba Nehru again and saw him walking towards an opening in a building. Raven on the ground, unconscious.

Magneto let the metal orb down and floated over to them. Just as En Saba Nehru was about to attack, he summoned two metal bars to make an 'X' infront of the building.

Y/n snapped out of her sleep, shooting up on the ground. She sensed the metal flowing around her. She tried to stand up, but her headache held her down.

She looked up to see her father, levitating with metal objects behind him.

"You betray me?" En Saba Nehru asked. It seemed as if he was in shock.

"No, I betrayed them." He said in a strong voice. "And nobody messes with my children."

He looked down at Peter and Y/n to see them with their mouths open in shock. Despite the positions they're in, they felt joy course through them.

He accepted them as his own.

A/n: guess who is not good at writing fight scenes? And sorry for the long wait.