ONE. VI

SEASON ONE
CHAPTER SIX
THE MONSTER

        MONTY WAS IN HER ROOM, trying on and combining new and old clothes

MONTY WAS IN HER ROOM, trying on and combining new and old clothes. Skirts, cropped tops, tube tops, blouses, jeans, flared jeans, revealing shirts, tight dresses, ... they were all lying on the floor while Like a Virgin by Madonna was blasting in the background. The song was hers and Steve's, and threw her back to the memory when they first made love on Monty's baby blue duvet while that song was playing.

A teenage dream.

Her fashion show was being disturbed, though, as she heard someone throw rocks on her window. She rolled her eyes and turned down the volume of the music before opening the window dressed only in a lace bra and a violet skirt.

Tommy whistled. Steve stared. Carol shouted, "Come down here, we're hanging out!"

She closed the window shut and put on a matching cropped cardigan. She buttoned two buttons and slid into her sneakers.

Two minutes later she appeared. "What are we doing?" She asked the group while they walked to Steve's BMW.

"You three will wait here while I go get Nance," Steve instructed, then turned to Monty, "You sure you're not cold?"

"Oh, she's coming? Can't it just be us four, hanging out like the old days?" Monty complained, ignoring Steve's question and taking a seat in the front. Steve shot her a look before jogging off to the Wheeler's house, climbing up the garage to Nancy's window like he did a few days ago.

"He used to do this with me, you know," Monty said and Tommy groaned, "Shut up!" "You shut up!" said Monty.

"Both of you shut up!" Carol yelled, silencing the other two.

Steve came back a minute later, a frown on his face. He looked pissed off.

"What happened, Lover Boy?"

Steve opened the driver's door to climb inside the car. "The Byers freak's in her room," he said staring out the window.

Monty raised her eyebrows. "Sounds like some freaky business," she said, chuckling. Tommy and Carol snorted. "Nice one," Tommy said.

"You think they're hooking up?" Carol asked Steve, who shrugged in return, "Dunno. Looked like it."

"So, are we still hanging out?" Tommy wanted to know.

"We better be, I didn't dress this cute for nothing," Monty said. Just then an idea came to her on how they could get back to Nancy.

"Start the engine, Steve. I know exactly how to pay back Phoebe for everything," she grinned, "To the movies!"

Steve stopped the car when they reached the Hawk Movie Theater. The streets were empty and the Hawk was closed, which Monty found weird, but, okay.