THREE. II

SEASON THREE
EPISODE TWO
THE MALL RATS

         "YOU KNOW, AND THEN I SAID to her 'maybe you shouldn't go that heavy on the eyeshadow, or, like, try and get some sunglasses to cover your eyes because that eyeshadow looks ridiculous and not even blending it would save your look'," Monty...

"YOU KNOW, AND THEN I SAID to her 'maybe you shouldn't go that heavy on the eyeshadow, or, like, try and get some sunglasses to cover your eyes because that eyeshadow looks ridiculous and not even blending it would save your look'," Monty said to Carol as she leaned over the counter while Carol stood behind the cash register, listening to Monty's story.

"Geez, that was harsh, Monty. Did she cry?" Carol asked and Monty shook her head in response.

"Well, if you told me that I'd definitely cry," said Carol and Monty faked a chuckle, because, well, Monty made that story up and was actually hinting at Carol's eyeshadow today.

Whatever.

Monty looked outside of the store longingly. She'd love to be anywhere other than here right now. The pool for example... she'd love to wear her new bathing suit with the cherry print, her hair tied up and just sun-bathe. But she quickly dismissed the thought when she remembered her mother telling her that Billy worked there as a lifeguard. Ironic, she thought when her mom told her that. Asshole tried to kill me and now works as a lifeguard.

She snapped out of her daze when she noticed a kid wave at her from outside. She frowned.

"I think someone's trying to get your attention," Carol said. The undertone that lay in her voice suggested that she was bored.

Monty walked towards the kid. "Dustin?" She called as she recognized him, "You're back!"

"Yeah!" He said as Monty came to a halt in front of him. They were the same height now. Monty grinned widely and hugged him tightly. She was happy to see him again.

She let go of him and he blushed. She smiled.

"So, you're back from Camp Know-Shit!"

"Camp Know-Where," he corrected, "Where's Steve? Did he get the job?"

"Yeah, he's right over there," Monty gestured towards Scoops.

"Great, um, listen. I discovered something and I need to tell you both," Dustin said lowly and Monty frowned. She shrugged.

They went over to Scoops and waited in line. Dustin fidgeted excitedly and Monty thought that it was super cute.

The couple in front of them disappeared and Monty and Dustin stood in front of Robin, who, like Carol, looked bored out of her mind. Maybe even tortured.