TWO. IX

SEASON TWO
EPISODE NINE
THE GATE

SEASON TWOEPISODE NINETHE GATE

(queen always gets them boys)

Claire Montgomery knew her daughter lived the life she always wanted.

Her only daughter was born into a wealthy family, what with her father being a well-earning scientist, and her father's father being a real estate agent in California, who earned so much money he had to send some of it to his son's family in Indiana, which always resulted in them buying a big house, getting every member an expensive car, etc. etc.

Claire didn't love her husband, though. They weren't high school sweethearts or had a dreamy love story like Monty and Steve did. It was actually quite sad, you know. Claire met her husband at a frat party and he knocked her up later that night. And because her family was quite conservative, her mother told her to marry the baby's father. Surprisingly, he accepted and told her he was going to be there no matter what, but their marriage was everything but happy. Imagine a marriage without the foundation of love.

Her husband was always at work. When he wasn't at the lab, he took the lab home and worked there on his projects. It annoyed Claire to the core, honestly, there wasn't one day the three had spent time together. It was always just Claire and Monty.

Claire didn't work. She hadn't got the chance to go to university due to her pregnancy, so she was always home. Sometimes she met up with Karen Wheeler from next door, or she went to classes and clubs.

Anyway.

Claire grew slightly worried when it became midnight and she didn't hear from neither her husband nor her daughter for hours. She tried calling the lab, but to her surprise nobody picked up, which made her worries grow.

She had also went over to the Wheeler's house, and Karen told her Nancy and Mike were out as well.

"Do you think Catherine's with Nancy?" Claire asked, but the two women both burst out laughing.

"Good one, Claire," said Karen.

Claire was at home again. She went upstairs and knocked on Monty's door, although she knew she wasn't home. She stepped inside, looking at the mess her daughter's left before leaving the house. Skirts and shirts were scattered all over the floor and bed, and don't even let her get started over the looks of Monty's vanity.

"Good God," Claire muttered while she started to pick up the garments, ready to hang them up the coat hangers.

After twenty minutes, Claire was doing a fashion show in Monty's clothes.