ONE. VII

SEASON ONE
CHAPTER SEVEN
THE BATHTUB

SEASON ONECHAPTER SEVENTHE BATHTUB

"YOU OWE ME $1.20," said Tommy when he came back from the gas station. He passed Steve a coke can to cool the bruises on his face. "And you owe me $2, Princess," Tommy said to Monty when he gave her the 7Up she ordered. She showed him the middle finger. The greatest weapon, she thought as she opened the can and started drinking.

"Don't worry, he'll need more than an aspirin when we're done with him," Tommy assured Steve.

"Yeah, if the creep ever gets out," Carol said, "The cops should just lock him up forever. Did you see the look on his face?" She copied Jonathan's expression from when he fought Steve, nudging Monty.

Monty nodded. Steve groaned. Tommy laughed, saying, "He probably had the same look when he killed his brother, right?" He hit Steve's arm.

"Tommy," Monty warned, "Have some respect." She didn't think it was okay of him to say something like that after attending Will's funeral.

"Oh, God, I just got an image of him making that face while he and Nancy are screwing," Carol said, causing Tommy to laugh. Monty rolled her eyes.

"Carol, for once in your life, shut your damn mouth!" Steve spoke up for the first time. Monty watched their exchange, knowing shit was going to get down in a minute.

"What?"

"You heard him," Monty said, siding with Steve.

"Hey, what's your problem?" Tommy asked the two, though he directed his question more towards Steve.

Steve looked between Tommy and Carol. "You're both assholes. That's my problem."

"Are you serious right now, man?"

"Yeah, I'm serious," Steve stood up and shoved Tommy. "Steve..." Monty said, trying to reach for his shoulder to prevent him from starting another fight.

He shook her hand away. "You shouldn't have done that," Steve said to Tommy.

"Done what?"

"You know what."

"You mean call her out for what she really is? Oh, that's funny because I don't remember you asking me to stop," Tommy said, looking Steve up and down.

"He's got a point, Steve," Monty said.

"I should've put that spray paint right down your throats," Steve snapped towards Tommy and Monty.

"What the fuck, Steve? You were cool with it last night," said Monty, "Remember who sprayed her name on the board?"

Steve glared at her. "You know, none of you ever cared about her. You never even liked her, because she's not miserable like you three! She actually cares about other people."