2 - Meeting

"I'm just saying, it could be better." Soyeon chuckled while holding Shizuha's hand. The zeta smiled at her mate, agreeing to whatever she was saying. "You're just agreeing again." She smirked.

"No, I genuinely agree with you." She smiled. Soyeon shook her head, looking away from her.

"Liar."

The two stepped up to Shizuha's parent's house, knocking quickly and waiting for one of them to answer the door. Mina opened it, smiling at the two of them as she pulled Soyeon into a tight hug.

"It feels like forever since I've seen you. How is work?" Mina asked her.

"Oh, it's busy." Soyeon sighed. The two talked about her work Shizuha wandering through the house. She smelt the familiar scent of her mother, and found her in the kitchen.

"Momma." She smiled while walking closer to her.

"Shizuha.." Sana looked up, pulling her daughter into a hug. Shizuha didn't realize how much she had missed her mother, but she was overflowing with happiness. "Don't cry." Sana whispered while wiping her eyes.

"Okay." Shizuha sniffed.

The four sat down for dinner, all of them talking about a variety of things throughout the meal. Mina enjoyed their company, smiling at the stories as she held Sana's hand. She watched as Shizuha and Sana had gotten into a bit of an argument over something small, but it quickly died down in laughter when Shizuha stumbled over her own words. They moved to the living room, all of them enjoying the company and still having small conversation.

"Shi-tan.." Soyeon whispered in her ear. "You should talk to her..." She frowned. Shizuha shook her head, not wanting to change the tone of everything. "Please... For me?" She whispered, her eyes pleading.

"Fine..." She gave into her puppy look and glanced at her mother. "Mom... Can we talk outside?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah.. Sure." Sana stood up from the couch, walking with Shizuha out onto the porch. She watched as her daughter looked out at the town, few people walking around in the night. "Who's dying?" She asked.

"No one." She frowned.

"Then why are you acting like someone is?" Sana asked while leaning on the rail with her. Shizuha took in a breath, trying to calm her own nerves.

"I keep having the same nightmare... It's been more frequent lately... I can't help but feel something horrible is going to happen soon." She frowned. Sana looked at her daughter, seeing the serious expression on her face. "Soyeon kept telling me that I should've talked to you sooner.. But... We both never had the time." She sighed.

"What is in the nightmare?" Sana asked.

"I'm in the middle of the woods... There are little fireflies, and it's oddly lit... Like.. neon colors but dimmed..." Shizuha frowned. "And I hear a loud thunder, and then a roar... One I've never heard before." She continued. "And I have to run, because it's getting closer... But no matter how fast I run from it.. It's not fast enough. I trip and fall, and see this giant mound of darkness with red eyes and sharp teeth with blood dripping from them." She explained. "Before it can kill me... I wake up." She looked at her mother, seeing the serious expression on her face. "I know you had nightmares after the war.. And I know you still struggle with that.. Do you think it's because of that... I have them?" She asked.

Sana shook her head. Her hands ran through her hair as she stepped away from her daughter.

"I had the same nightmares growing up." Sana sighed. "I saw the oracle like the elder told me to do... She explained that there was a darkness in our family line... That it was never going to go away, but grow stronger if I didn't do anything about it...." She explained.

"Did you do anything about it?" Shizuha asked quietly.

"I tried my best... I helped anyone and everyone... Trying to do good deeds to cancel it out... When I met with the oracle again, she said that I had made it angry... forcing it deeper inside... I guess it was passed to you..." She frowned. "Meet with the oracle... See if she can help." Sana instructed. "She should have the answers." She placed a hand on her daughter's shoulder, hoping she wasn't too afraid of anything.

"Okay..." Shizuha whispered.

Soyeon watched as her mate paced back and forth after their dinner with Mina and Sana. She sat in the bed, listening to her rambling, her eyes never leaving her.

"But what if the oracle says I need to die?!" She finally snapped. "Oh god. I don't want to die." She crouched onto the floor, holding her head.

"Are you done freaking the fuck out." Soyeon sighed.

"No! How can you be so calm about this!?" She shouted while standing up.

"Because I'm not entirely sure you're full of darkness. You stepped on a bug yesterday and cried about it." She chuckled. Shizuha rolled her eyes, looking away from her mate. "Look... If this darkness wanted to consume you, it would have already." She gave her a reassuring smile, holding out her hands. "Come to bed.. I'm tired." She yawned. Shizuha nodded, agreeing with her mate once again.

"Why do you always know what to say?" Shizuha whispered. Soyeon shrugged her shoulders, holding her mate close to her as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Because I know you and love you too much." She smiled.

"I love you too much too." Shizuha smirked. Soyeon let out a small laugh, shaking her head. "Mama keeps asking me when we're having pups." She sighed. "I feel awful that we can't just pop them out like normal people.." She frowned.

"We've been trying.... Maybe it's the darkness inside you. Stopping us." Soyeon smirked, trying to make her mate laugh.

"What if it is?!" She gasped.

"I was joking!" Soyeon laughed.