15 - Pain

Shizuha tossed and turned all night. She could hear Soyeon.. She was still awake this late. It was near one in the morning and Soyeon was in the bathroom cleaning her still open wounds on her body. She didn't care about the scratches from the recent problem, but the ones on her rib cage were frightening. She peeled the bandage off of the still healing bite mark. She winced at the sight of it, throwing the disgusting bandage out and picked up a peroxide soaked cotton ball.

"Fuck." She hissed as she cleaned the wound. She knew the marks too well. Her mother had them. They weren't mate marks. They were possession marks. Her mother had explained that during a rage rut, that's what they did instead of mating... She groaned at the pain, putting the antibiotic cream on the bandage, and placing it on her skin.

Shizuha heard her mate's whimpers as she laid in the bed. Not needy whimpers.. Not sad ones... But pain... Pain filled whimpers. She had caused her mate pain... So much pain...

The next morning, Mina had noticed Soyeon wincing when she would lift Mia up to carry her. She noticed that the pups were more skittish than usual, Sihyeon hiding under the table while she played instead of in the middle of the living room. Mia was being unusually clingy, not wanting to be put down for long.

"What's going on?" Mina asked her.

"What?" Soyeon frowned at her, adjusting Mia to where she wasn't sitting on her wound.

"Don't play dumb... I can't only handle the two idiots in my life... My mate and my idiot son." She mumbled. Soyeon was taken back, she had never said anything horrible about her son before. He was usually a good kid, never did anything wrong.

"What did Masashi do?" Soyeon asked her.

"Not the point." Mina pointed. Soyeon raised her eyebrow, waiting for a response. "Fine. He.. He got a girl pregnant before mating her." She sighed. "Now he can't mate her because she won't let him within ten feet of her." She groaned. Soyeon stifled a chuckle. "Why is this funny?" She asked.

"He's not a little boy... He's an adult." Soyeon chuckled. "Just because he did that doesn't mean he can't handle it. He's an omega too. He's probably crying his eyes out because he wants to take care of her and the alpha in her is saying she can do it by herself." She explained. Mina rolled her eyes, looking away from the young girl. "But... Shizuha... Has been different." She sighed.

"Different how?" Mina asked. Soyeon shook her head, bouncing Mia in her arms before walking away. "Soyeon..." She frowned.

"She's... She's leaving possession marks.. Not mate marks.." She finally admitted. "I look like Yukime after she mated Yeji." She frowned. Mina frowned, she didn't like the fact that her daughter always looked like she had gotten mauled afterwards. She didn't like how many scars were on Soyeon's arms either. Lord only knew the others.

"Can I see them?" Mina whispered. Soyeon hesitated, looking at Mia before setting her down with her sister under the table. Sihyeon handed her a stuffed bear, keeping her away from her legos. Soyeon followed Mina into her room, looking around at how different the sides of the bed were. One had only one pillow while the other side had millions pillows. Soyeon lifted her shirt, high enough for Mina to see the bandage.

"I cleaned it last night..." She frowned while peeling off the bandage. Mina shook her head, looking at it closely. "I.. I love her... But.. I can't... I can't keep doing this." She whispered.

"It'll heal... It's just going to take some more time..." Mina whispered.

"My mom had them from my dad at one time.. She told me that it was normal." Soyeon explained while putting the bandage back on her wound.

"They are... But... If your mate really loves you... They won't do that." Mina shook her head, looking at herself in the mirror.

"I'm sure Sana has done it... Right?" She asked. Mina shook her head.

"Mine... I was attacked when I was a teenager. A high alpha was in my hometown.. Drunk out of his mind and in a rut. I just happened to be out when he stumbled into me." She frowned while lifting up her shirt. "That's why I have all of these scars on my face too." She whispered.

Soyeon stared at the omega with wide eyes. She was mated to a high alpha, yet was attacked by one when she was younger.

"I didn't know it was a high alpha at the time either... I just knew it was an alpha." She frowned. "I couldn't even go near my sisters for a week after the attack.." She whispered. Soyeon frowned, she had never known about this, but she probably never told anyone...

"How... If you don't mind me asking... How are you with a high alpha after that Or any alpha for that matter?" She asked quietly. Mina let out a small chuckle.

"Sana had came into the little bakery I worked at with my aunt.. She offered her protection. I... I somehow trusted her, she had this sense of... Nobility in a way." Mina shrugged. "But I felt safe with her. Like I could really trust her." She smiled. "And... She ended up killing the man who hurt me."

The two sat in silence, Soyeon taking in the new information, Mina trying not to think about her past.

"I'm so sorry..." She whispered.

"It's... It's good now." Mina answered. Both girls walked out, seeing the children still playing under the table quietly. Sana had walked in with Shizuha right behind her, Sana motioning for Mina to follow her into the bedroom. Soyeon glared at Shizuha, still not okay with the night prior.

"Please forgive me.." Shizuha pleaded.

"When you actually mean it, I'll consider it." Soyeon growled. Shizuha took a step back, shocked to see the dominate side of her mate. The young epsilon bent down to pick up Mia, while Sihyeon cleaned up her toys, throwing them in her bag. "You can carry the toys." Soyeon ordered her mate. Shizuha immediately nodded her head, picking up the few scattered toys and threw them into the bag. Sihyeon watched her mothers, upset with their actions. She held onto Soyeon's hand as they left, her head hurting from the negative emotions both parents were putting out.