14 - Misplaced Trust

Mina and Sana were happy to see their daughter, a celebration held in her honor. Shizuha smiled at the people she barely remembered. But she knew they were family to her. She kept a careful eye on Soyeon who was talking with Mina, holding their pups. She felt possessive over her. She wanted to keep her close.

"Shizuha... I.. I'm so sorry." She turned to see Momo, who's head was hung low. "I should have never asked you to go on that training mission.." She frowned. "You would've still been here.." Shizuha watched as the woman frowned. She tilted her head, unsure of who the person was, but she was familiar with the scent.

"She still can't remember a lot." Sana warned her sister.

"Oh..." Momo mumbled. "Great." She sighed before sulking off. Shizuha didn't understand, but she understood the feeling. 

During the celebration, she had kept a close eye on her family. Not wanting them to wander far from her. Sihyeon ended up staying right by her side during the entire thing. Not wanting to be torn away from her mother. She eventually climbed up on her, sitting on her shoulders and watching everything and everyone from her newfound height. 

When it night fell, the party had dispersed, Sana and Mina retreating back to their home at the end of the celebrations. Soyeon smiled as she nuzzled into Shizuha's side. Mia was fast asleep in her arms while Sihyeon was struggling to keep her eyes awake. 

"Your parents kept the house for us... Just in case I wanted to come back." Soyeon whispered while leading her little family through the streets. Shizuha kept her eyes up, watching for any potential danger. To her, this was not familiar territory anymore.. 

Momo watched from a distance, seeing how Shizuha carried herself now. Extremely territorial, protective of only her family.. She stayed silent, seeing her dark eyes. She frowned at the sight. Shizuha... It may have been her, but it wasn't her. 

Something was different about her niece. 

Soyeon watched the girls as they slept, Shizuha coming up behind her and wrapping her arm around her waist. She smiled at her mate's touch, leaning into her embrace. She had missed her. Yes, she acted slightly strange, but only because she had lost her memories. Sihyeon helped her, placing her little memories of her mother with her. 

"They're cute when they sleep.." Soyeon sighed. 

"They are.." She smiled, nuzzling into her mate's neck. "Come... Let's go to bed." She whispered. 

The next morning, both were exhuasted. Soyeon had new marks on her skin, wincing at the newly formed wounds all over her body. It wasn't odd for this to happen during a rut, but outside of a rut was odd. She dismissed it as being away from her mate for so long, thinking that was the only reason. 

"Mama!" She heard the girls giggle. She looked over, watching them run into their bedroom, both of them climbing on the bed and jumping on Shizuha. She couldn't help but laugh when Shizuha let out a loud growl, Sihyeon giggled at her while Mia growled right back at her mother. 

"You can't scare us mama." Sihyeon giggled while burying her face into her mother's neck. 

"Yeah!" Mia blindly agreed while laying next to her. 

Soyeon rolled her eyes, knowing her children were hell spawns. Of course they would be. 

Momo and Yukime watched as Shizhua attempted to learn more about herself with them. Yukime had watched her carefully, glancing over at her aunt while trying to get close to her. 

"Her scent is the same.. Everything is the same except her eyes Auntie..." Yukime frowned. 

"You see it too then?" Momo whispered. Yukime nodded. "Good. I thought I was just getting old." She smirked. Yukime chuckled with her, shaking her head. 

"You're not that old." Yukime smiled. 

"I think Sana is letting us know little bits of information at a time. Something is off with Shizuha." Momo whispered. 

"We could always see the oracle." Yukime suggested. Momo nodded, walking down the path to the oracle's building. Yukime trailed behind her, following her elder. 

"So how's your family?" Momo asked as they walked. 

"Good... Yeji is due any day now... So... It's been painful." She shrugged her shoulders, looking down at the ground while she walked. 

"Just wait until after the pup is here. You'll have nothing but pain after. The late nights, lack of sleep, lack of eating, lack of literally everything." Momo chuckled. Yukime stared at her with wide eyes. "But then you look into their little eyes... And it's literally all worth it." She smiled. 

Soyeon had taken Sihyeon and Mia to the park, watching them play in the sandbox while Shizuha was out with her parents. She was busy trying to get Mia to stop trying to eat the sand while Sihyeon ventured off away from the sandbox. 

"Sihyeon, come back here." Soyeon sighed while picking Mia up and following her. The little Iota wandered through the playground, walking up to a kid who was sitting on the grass, crying his eyes out. 

"Help.." She whispered while running up to him. Soyeon stayed back, watching her interact with the boy. She hadn't had many friends, mainly because they were terrified of her when her eyes changed colors. Daycare was a mess for her. "Hi." Sihyeon mumbled. The little boy looked up at her, tears still in his eyes as he looked up at her. 

"Go away!" He yelled at her. She jumped at the sudden change in his voice, backing away before tripping on her shoelaces, falling to the ground scraping up her hands and elbows. Tears brimmed her eyes as she ran to her mother. 

"You're okay." Soyeon chuckled. "You can't help everyone sweetheart.." She whispered while kneeling in front of her. Sihyeon nodded, looking back at the little boy still crying on the grass. She sniffed as she let her mother look at her small wounds. Once they got the okay, she was able to continue playing. When Soyeon had taken the girls home for the evening, Shizuha welcomed them with a smile, until she saw the small scrapes on Sihyeon's elbows. 

"Who hurt you?" She whispered to the little girl. 

"I was trying to help." Sihyeon frowned before turning away from her mother. She wandered into her room, more than likely to hide from the world. Shizuha looked up at Soyeon, needing an explanation. 

"She saw a little boy crying at the park. She wanted to help and he yelled at her. She tripped over her own shoelaces and scraped her elbows." She shrugged her shoulders, opening the fridge to get a few things to cook for dinner. Shizuha let out a small growl, looking down the hallway towards the girls' rooms. "Shi-tan.. No." Soyeon warned. 

"I"ll hurt him for hurting my daughter." She growled. Soyeon ran to her, grabbing her arms and holding her back.

"It's not worth it!" She frowned. "Just let it go." She sighed. As soon as  she said those words, she was pinned against the wall, Shizuha's eyes dark with anger. Usually they were red when she was angry... "Shizuha.." She frowned. 

"He caused my daughter pain." She hissed. "He will get what is his." Her grip tightened on Soyeon, causing her to cry out in pain. 

"Let go!" She cried. "Shizuha! You're hurting me!" She cried. Shizuha looked down, seeing her nails digging into Soyeon's arms, causing a few to begin to bleed. She immediately let go, staring at her hands in disbelief. 

"I...I'm sorry..." She whispered. Her breathing sounded labored, almost forced... 

"You're sleeping on the couch tonight." Soyeon glared. Shizuha went to reach for her, but was swatted at. "Don't touch me right now." She whispered.