9 - Time

Days had gone by, Shizuha had finally found the strength to open her eyes and take in the world around her. She was laying on a bed, in what seemed to look like a cabin. Nothing like anything she was used to. She attempted to sit up, only to be met with shooting pain everywhere in her body, causing her to yell out in pain. She heard footsteps, and a knock before the door slowly opened. 

"You're finally awake." A woman smiled at her. She walked closer to the young Zeta, holding a basket of items under her arm. "You had taken quite the fall little lady." The woman sighed. "Lucky for you we were able to save you. And because of it, got a nice bear rug in the den." She winked.

"W-where am I?" Her voice was hoarse from lack of usage, her mouth felt dry. She was incredibly parched, and her stomach growled. God only knew the last time she ate because she surely didn't know.

"Northern Pack territory. Do you know which pack you're from?" The woman asked. Shizuha shook her head, her entire mind going blank with incredibly vital information. All she knew is she didn't belong in the Northern Territory.

"Please stop crying." Soyeon whispered. It was two in the morning, and both of her children were refusing to sleep. Mia was understandable since she was still getting over whatever she had, but Sihyeon was another story.

She took both girls out of their room, deciding that maybe the living room would somehow calm them down. Mia relaxed on the cool couch, falling asleep almost instantly. Soyeon was grateful for that, but Sihyeon again was fighting sleep.

"Hey... Come on." Soyeon sighed. The little toddler just shook her head, sniffling in her lap.

"At least they're quiet." Soyeon jumped at the noise, seeing Sana sitting at the dining table.

"I'm so sorry." Soyeon sighed. She hated the fact that she was keeping the entire house up because she couldn't calm her own kids down.

"Don't be. I wasn't going to be sleeping tonight." She frowned. Soyeon nodded, knowing the pain. She couldn't sleep at all without her mate, so she would end up tossing and turning all night until exhaustion took over or from crying too hard.

Sihyeon started whining again, tears falling as she tried to push away from Soyeon.

"Let me try." Sana walked over to the young girl, holding out her arms for the toddler. Soyeon handed her over, watching as she started to calm down. The little toddler's hand reached for Sana's face, placing it on her cheek. "What are you doing?" She whispered.

"Mama..." Sihyeon whispered. Sana swore she had seen the little kid's eyes flick colors before she was forced to think about Shizuha. Recent memories, calming ones of just her having casual conversations with her. It wasn't long before Sihyeon calmed down, falling asleep in her arms.

"I think your kid might be advanced... Like oracle advanced..." Sana frowned.

"Sure. And Mia is a bird." Soyeon muttered, rubbing her eyes.

"When was the last time you slept?" She asked.

"The night before Shizuha left for the training." She admitted. It had been weeks since then. "I get little bits here and there, enough to keep me going... but not enough." She shrugged. Sana frowned, knowing that the girl needed sleep.

The next few days, Shizuha was stuck in bed. She was able to move her arms finally, but hated the fact that she couldn't move. All she wanted was to leave, she didn't know where to, but anywhere but here.

"So, you don't remember anything?" The little boy asked her. He was the only reoccurring company besides his mother. "Not even your name?" He asked. Again, she shook her head. "Well that sucks." He sighed. "You need a name!" He smiled.

"Alright." She sighed.

"You smell like winter, so I'll call you Winter!" He giggled. Shizuha smiled, allowing him to rename her. She hoped she could remember it all soon. Her name, everything. She knew she wasn't supposed to be there, but she couldn't just leave either.

"Daniel, leave the poor girl alone." His mother scolded.

"But I gave her a name! Her name is Winter!" He smiled before running from his mother.

"Sorry about him... He gets really excited." She chuckled.

"It's okay. Kids are cute." She shrugged her shoulders, letting out a small sigh.

"Any memories yet?" She frowned. Shizuha shook her head, it always gave her a massive headache when she tried to remember anything. "They'll come. Just.. Give it time."

Weeks. Weeks of little search parties going on their own to find Shizuha's body. Momo had created a small team with the trainees, going up and out every single day, hoping to find some sort of sign.

"We aren't leaving until we find something!" She growled.

It killed her inside knowing that it was her fault. If she hadn't asked Shizuha to assist her, she would've still been here. Here to raise her pups.

"Get down!!!" Soyeon immediately shouted at Mia who was climbing on everything. She may have been a little baby, but she was full of trouble. "I didn't think raising two kids without help would be this difficult." She sighed.

Mina shook her head, watching as the young girl struggled with raising the young girls. She picked up Sihyeon, placing her on her hip as she walked back around the counter.

"How did you raise them?" Soyeon asked her. "Without Sana." She continued.

"My parents helped." Mina answered. "Granted, they were older, but it was still a lot." She sighed while letting Sihyeon pat the plastic wrapped dough.

"Shizuha was better at calming Mia down..." Soyeon frowned whole holding the restless baby.

"She'll learn to accept your scent. Yukime was the same way." Mina chuckled. "But you have help. At least I can help you." She smiled. Sihyeon touched Mina's face, letting her feel happier. The little toddler let out a squeal and then a giggle, smiling at her grandmother.