Namjoon

"Oh, hello!", I exclaimed, surprised to find a boy in my yoga class.

"Hi!", he said shyly as we stood there awkwardly.

I looked at him and found myself blushing. He was quite handsome. Tall, lanky, silver hair and deep dimples. He smirked when he caught me staring.

I noticed and got flustered. "I'm sorry for staring. It's just... I'm not used to having a male classmate in my yoga class. We don't usually have one."

His smile relaxed revealing again his dimples. "That's okay. It's my first time to try yoga. I usually work out at a nearby gym but lately I've been having back pains so my therapist suggested yoga to relax my muscles. I'm Namjoon, by the way."

I wanted to continue the conversation but the instructor announced that we should prepare ourselves now for the session so I went to my usual spot and tried to focus on perfecting my poses.

I love yoga. It's my way of relaxing and meditating. I love that for one and a half hour my mind isn't jumbled with tasks and stress as I focus on my breathing and posture. However, lately I'm distracted. Thanks to the boy who now regularly occupies the mat next to me. Whenever I get a glimpse of him my stomach does summersaults and my heartbeat goes crazy leaving me out of breath more than usual. It doesn't help that he looks so cute trying so hard to get the proper poses. He is such a klutz. An adorable klutz who once accidentally hit my arm with his leg while shifting positions. But I guess it's my fault that I couldn't help but sneak a peak once in a while making him more conscious of his actions.

We don't get to speak much seeing as he became more popular with the ladies. Whenever I arrive, it's not unusual to see him being swarmed by the girls in our class. Some girls from the class before us even lingers for a while to say hi to him. He never fails to say hi to me, though.

*****

"How long have you been taking up yoga?", Namjoon asked me one time after a particularly gruelling session.

"About 5 years.", I say. "Why the sudden interest?"

"Oh, it's just that I noticed that you seem really good at it. I can't imagine learning to do the headstand ever!"

I laughed at that. "You do know that the headstand isn't the hardest pose in yoga, don't you? And that it shouldn't be the end goal."

He blushed. "I just want to do really well. I've been here for three months already and I still can't seem to do the poses properly."

"Don't worry, dear. You're doing fine!" My eyes suddenly widened. Did I just call him that? I call my close family and friends 'dear' so it's something that rolls out of my tongue easily. But we are in no way close (But in my fantasies we already are...). My gosh, this is so embarrassing!

Namjoon laughed. "Oh, that's really good to hear... dear!", he said while wriggling his eyebrows to tease me.

I relaxed and laughed along with him. Somehow, eventhough we're not that close we're still able to have a brief and comfortable conversation before and after class. We then go our separate ways after saying goodbye and promising to see each other next class. So I'm quite surprised to find him missing the next couple of classes. I wanted to ask if he's okay but I realized that we never exchanged numbers.

It's been two weeks now and I have decided that it's not my place to worry since we're not even friends and he's just probably busy. So I attend my classes diligently pushing away the heavy feeling I get whenever I see that Namjoon is again absent. I should have just asked him out when I had the chance. Come to think of it, I just assumed he was single. For all I know he's already in a relationship or married! Great, I probably am stressing over a boy who's currently snuggling with a pretty lady. I shake my head, sigh, and force myself to concentrate.

*****

"Hey... dear!"

I spit out my drink. I'm currently killing time at a cafe near my work and was not expecting to see a handsome Namjoon decked in a suit and tie. Not at all.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Did I startle you?", Namjoon asked while hurrying to me to rub my back and push some napkins into my hands for me to wipe off the juice and spit dribbling on my chin. Disgusting, I know.

"I'm okay. Hey, how are you? Haven't seen you in a while.", I ask trying to take away the attention from me and my clumsiness.

Namjoon sat down in front of me and grinned mischieviously. "Did you miss me?".

Seriously, this guy. "Of course not! But the girls at the yoga center does. They kept asking miss Nature if she heard from you lately and when are you coming back."

"Oh.", Namjoon said quietly. He looked... disappointed?

"I had to fly to Japan for several days to attend a business meeting for my parents company. After that I was just swamped with work. But next week I'll be back. Maybe."

"Maybe? You don't like doing yoga anymore?"

"Actually, I never really got the hang of it. My therapist already prescribed another exercise regimen and physical therapy to help with my back pains and so far it's working so I don't really have to do yoga anymore."

"That's great!", I say. "When did you started your new exercise program?".

"Two months ago."

"Two months? So why did you keep on attending our classes?!", I screached then mentally facepalmed myself. Great, now he'll think I'm a busybody. Good job, self.

Namjoon just smiled. "Because I like the company. Your company."

Oh.

Oh.

This is awkward.

He smiled again, this time apologetically. "Sorry, was that too forward? I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I can leave if you want...", Namjoon said while slowly getting up from his seat.

"Yes! I mean, no, wait! Wait! Don't leave!" I stammered.

He looked at me with an eyebrow raised waiting for me to compose myself and speak coherently. I took a deep breath and spoke, "Please don't leave. I like your company too and yes, I did miss you. So, if you're not going back to yoga anymore then maybe we can find another activity that we enjoy so we can spend more time together?" I rushed through my words and can feel my cheeks burning up. But I figured it's now my chance and he did basically implied first that he likes me so what do I have to lose?

Namjoon chuckled and sat down again. "Maybe we can start by exchanging numbers?"

Yes. Yes we can do that.

I smiled at him and took my phone out.

THE END