Chapter 4

I was walking to my class, Scott and Stiles snuck up on me, I groaned, glaring at them. They both smiled,
Stiles said" Scott here, is going to Allison's to study."
I said" Please, you mean study but making out even possibly sex?"
" Told you so."
Scott groaned" I can't tell you anything, man."
" Tell him he better not screw up, because we live vicariously through him."
I said" We?! You mean me, because I literally have to live vicariously through him, he won't let me have any fun."
Scott said" If I let you have fun... will you stop living vicariously through me?"
" No, sorry."
" It was a long shot, anyways." He kissed my head,
" Hey, so what were you doing last night?"
" In bed."
" Then why did I hear your window open?"
" Because it's hot in my room."
" Whatever you say."
" Why weren't you asleep?"
" I believe you, bye!" I tried to walk away, but he hugged me," I couldn't fall asleep, my brain kept playing."
" Melatonin."
" Mela-not gonna happen. It knocks me out and I don't like being in deep sleep state. It's harder to wake up from a nightmare."
" Fine, but you've gotta block out your mind."
" I'll try." I kissed his cheek," Can I have a dollar and 25 cents?"
" For?"
" Soda."
" Fine." He gave me the amount, ruffling my hair,
" Thanks! Love you! Love you too, Stiles!"
They said" Love you too."

I walked out of school, heading towards Scott, then I saw Derek fall onto the ground in front of Stiles' jeep. Oh, no! Not here! No, no! I took a deep breathe then quickly walked over there. Scott got onto his knees next to Derek,
Scott asked" What are you doing here?"
Derek said" I was shot."
Stiles said" He's not looking so good, dude."
I said" Why aren't you healing?"
Derek said" I can't. It was a different kind of bullet."
Stiles said" A silver bullet?"
" No, you idiot."
Scott said" Wait. That's what she meant when she said you had 48 hours."
" What? Who said 48 hours?"
" The one who shot you." Derek grimaced, his eyes glowed," What are you doing? Stop that."
" That's what I'm trying to tell you. I can't." The cars were honking more and more,
" Derek, get up. Help me put him in your car." Scott lifted Derek up, putting him into the jeep, I jumped into the back.
" I need you to find out what kind of bullet they used."
" How the hell am I supposed to do that?"
" She's an argent. She's with them."
" Why should I help you?"
" Because you need me."
" Fine, I'll try. Hey, get him out of here."
Stiles said" I hate you for this so much." He drove off, I sighed, this is so gonna be a long day.

We were driving down the road, Scott was taking forever, he just texted Stiles back.
Stiles said" Come on. Try not to bleed out on my seats, okay? We're almost there."
Derek said" Almost where?"
" Your house."
" What? No, you can't take me there."
" I can't take you to your own house?"
" Not when I can't protect myself." Stiles pulled over,
" What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?"
" Not yet. I have a last resort."
" What do you mean? What last resort?" Derek pulled up his sleeve, showing the entry," Oh, my god! What is that? Oh, is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out."
" Start the car. Now."
" I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look. In fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out onto the middle of the road and leave you for dead."
" Start the car, or I'm gonna rip your throat out with my teeth." Stiles was also still scared of Derek, so the engine started. I was staring at the entry wound,
I said" Did you even attempt to clean it? Or maybe even bandage it?"
" No."
" So, you just let it bleed all night?" He looked at me," Very smart, Derek. Did you even think about the scent your blood leaves? That's stronger than odor, what if the hunters have hounds or something? And what if the alpha can track you?"
" Why are you worried about me?"
" Because whether you decide to acknowledge it, you're still the same kid I met in the hospital."
Stiles said" What?!"
" Stiles, mind your own business. And if you tell Scott, I'll leak your entire web browser history and your obsession with Lydia Martin in those small little notes you have hidden in a shoe box in your closet."
" I'll shut up now."
" Good for you." I kissed his cheek, he huffed, I sighed, leaning back, this is so not good!