Chapter 9

We're being chased by a hunter, which is just great! Stiles and I looked behind us,
Scott asked" Faster?"
Stiles said" Much faster." He went faster,
Scott sucked at this,
Stiles and I said" Hey, Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here."
Scott said" If I go faster, I'll kill us."
" Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Then the car left, we looked at each other," They're gone." Stiles turned on the walkie in his hands,
An officer said" All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."
I said" Oh, man! Go! Go!" Scott drove faster,
We drove up to Derek, he was about to get shot, Stiles opened the door,
I said" Get in!" Stiles moved back to sit next to me, Derek jumped in, Scott took off.
Scott said" What part of laying low don't you understand?"
Derek said" Damn it, I had him!"
Stiles asked" Who, the alpha?"
" Yes! He was right in front of me, and the freaking police showed up."
" Oh, hey, they're just doing their jobs..." Derek glared at Stiles, who stunk back,
" Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state."
Scott said" Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it."
Stiles said" All right. How did you find him?" Derek shook his head,
" Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?"
" Yeah, both of us. Or just him. I'll be back here." I leaned up this time, staring at Derek,
He said" Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."
" Our chemistry teacher?" Pushing against me, I slapped his shoulder, pushing his head.
Scott and I asked" Why him?"
Derek said" I don't know yet."
" What's the second?"
" Some kind of symbol." He pulled out a drawing, oh, my god... that's Allison's necklace!," What? You know what this is?"
Scott said" I've seen it on a necklace. Allison's necklace."
———
We walked into school,
Scott said" This is gonna be impossible, you know."
Stiles said" Why don't you just ask her if you can borrow it?"
" How?"
" It's Easy. You just ask, Hey, Allison, can I borrow your necklace to see if there's anything on it or in it that can lead me to an alpha werewolf that I need to kill in order to get back together with you..."
" You're not helping."
" Why don't you just talk to her."
" She won't talk to me. What if she, like, only takes it off in the shower or something?"
" That's why you ease... that's why you ease back into it, okay? Get back on her good side, remind her of the good times. And then you ask for the necklace." Scott was staring," You're thinking about her in the shower, aren't you?"
" Yeah."
" All right, stay focused, okay? Get the necklace, get the alpha, get cured, get Allison back. In that order. Got it?" Scott nodded, Stiles walked away from us,
" Get the necklace." I looked at Scott, grabbing his shoulder, kissing his cheek.
I said" And try not to get caught." He nodded," See you later, Scotty." I walked away, this has to work, he really really wants Allison back.

I was lifted up, carried, I yelped, looking back at Scott.
He mumbled" Sorry." We met up with Stiles, Scott finally put me down since he was running. Scott told us what happened, oh, my god! Jackson knew! Well, he knew something!
Stiles said" How did he find out?"
Scott said" I have no idea."
" Okay, did he say it out loud, the word?"
" What word?"
I said" Werewolf. Did he say, I know you're a werewolf,?"
" No, but he implied it pretty freaking clearly."
Stiles said" Okay, maybe it's not as bad as it seems. I mean, he doesn't have any proof, right? And if he wanted to tell someone, who's gonna believe him anyway?"
" How about Allison's father?"
Stiles and I said" Okay, it's bad."
" I need a cure. Right now."
Stiles asked" Does he know about Allison's father?"
" I don't know."
" Okay, where's Derek?"
" Hiding, like we told him to. Why?"
" I have another idea. It's gonna take a little time and finesse, though."
" We have that game tonight. It's quarterfinals. And it's your first game."
" I know, I know. Look, do you have a plan for Allison yet?"
" She's in my next class."
" Get the necklace."
" Right. Get the necklace."

I was sitting across from Scott at lunch, he messed up big time... Stiles sat down next to him.
He said" Did you get her to give you the necklace?"
Scott said" Not exactly."
" Ah. What happened?"
" She told me not to talk to her. At all."
" So she's not giving you..."
" She's not giving me the necklace!"
" Well, did you find anything else out?"
" Just that I know nothing about girls, and that they're totally psychotic." I threw a packet at him,
" Okay, I came up with a plan B just In case anything like this happened."
" Whats plan B?"
" Just steal the stupid thing."
" Couldn't we try at least getting to Harris?"
" My dad put him on a 24-hour protective detail, okay? The necklace is all we got. Steal it. Thank you."
" Stiles, he's watching us." Stiles glanced over to where I assume Jackson is staring at us. I moved and sat next to Stiles, Scott flinched as I noticed Jackson bite into an apple.
" What's wrong?"
" Jackson's talking to me. He knows I can hear him." Stiles and I went to look at Jackson," Look at me. Just talk to me. Act normal. Pretend that nothing's happening. Say something. Talk to me!"
Stiles and I said" I can't think of anything. My mind's a complete blank."
" Your mind's blank? You can't think of something to say?"
" Not under this kind of pressure." We looked over there,
Stiles said" FYI, he's not even sitting with them anymore."
Scott said" Where the hell is he?" Stiles and I looked at him," Yes." Scott lifted up the water bottle, his hand was shaking.
" Scott, come on, you can't let him do this. You can't let him have his kind of power over you. Okay?" Scott gripped the tray, he was shaking, he tilted the tray, I reached over Stiles and grabbed Scott's hand. We saw Jackson by the vending machine, he's such a freaking asshole!

Scott was still trying to get the necklace, I walked into Stiles' house, upstairs and to his room. I saw Derek and Danny,
I said" Stiles?"
Stiles said" Oh! You, jeep. Wait. Downstairs."
Danny said" There. This text was sent from a computer. This one." I walked over to them and saw the most unbelievable thing.
Derek said" Registered to that account name?"
Stiles and I said" No, no, no, no. That can't be right." My mom's computer... from work, what the hell?! My heart beat went crazy, Derek grabbed my hand, shaking his head slightly. I breathed, I didn't even notice I stopped breathing, oh... this terrible, way terrible.
———
Stiles made me go to the game... which I think was part for my safety, and part of not getting his ass kicked by Scott for putting me into relative danger. I walked up to Scott, he was on the phone, I sat next to him,
He said" There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing. And where are you? You're supposed to be here. You're first line." Coach grabbed Scott's hair," Aah!"
Coach said" Where the hell is Bilinski? Huh?" He walked away from us, I looked at Scott,
" Man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start. Yeah." He put his phone down, I sat down on the benches, Jackson walked to him and sat down.
They went onto the field, Scott stood there once the rest of the team went onto the field.