Chapter 10

I met up with Scott, I couldn't find Stiles anywhere and it was starting to get nerve wracking.
I asked" Did you find him?" He shook his head," Oh, no... what happened?"
He said" Jackson."
" Can we please ask Derek to kill him?"
" No."
" What did he say?"
" I have three days to give him what I have or... well."
" Oh, that's great! Freaking fantastic. What the hell are we gonna do?"
" You're gonna sit out here until I come back out. And try to call Stiles, okay?"
" Okay." I sat down on the bench, he walked into the locker room.

Danny walked out, he was the last one in there,
I asked" Hey, where's Scott?"
He said" Still in there."
" Thanks." He walked away, I walked in, just as the lights cut off. I rushed to Scott, grabbing his hand, he looked at me, we saw a lacrosse ball roll across the floor. We walked to it, I gulped, looking at Scott, we took another step and saw Derek.
Scott said" Thank god! Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?" Derek looked behind us, we turned, seeing a man, I gulped.
The man said" I really don't get lacrosse."
" It was you..."
" When I was in high school, we played basketball. There's a real sport." Scott put his arm in front of me, we looked back at Derek, that was Peter, Derek's comatose uncle." Still I read somewhere that lacrosse comes from Native American tribes and that they played it to resolve conflict. Do I have that right? Well... I have a little conflict of my own to resolve, Scott. But I need your help to do it."
" I'm not helping you kill people."
" Well, I don't want to kill all of them. Just the responsible ones. And that doesn't have to include..."
Derek said" Allison." Scott and I looked at him,
" You're on his side? Are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister?"
" It was a mistake."
" What?"
" It happens."
Peter said" Scott... I think you're getting the wrong impression of us. We really just want to help you reach your full potential."
Scott said" By killing my friends."
" Sometimes the people closest to you... can be the ones holding you back the most."
" If they're holding me back from becoming a psychotic nut job like you... I'm okay with that." He walked closer to us, Scott pushed me back, Peter brought out his claws." Maybe... you could try and see things... from my perspective." Peter stuck his claws into the back of my brother's neck, Scott grunted, then fell to the ground.
I said" Scott! Scott?!" I fell to my knees next to him, Peter walked out, after staring at me. Derek watched closely, then followed," Derek! Don't leave me like this! Derek?!" I pulled my knees up, staring at Scott as he seized.
Scott gasped, opening his eyes,
I said" What happened?" He started explaining what he saw, oh, my god! Oh, my god?!

Stiles ran in,
He said" Dude, we have a huge problem."
Scott said" Trust me... I know."
————
They were trailing Jackson, I was taking treatments, I accidentally rolled off the bed.
Mom yelled" Cleo?!"
I said" I'm good! I just fell!"
" Oh, my clumsy girl. Where's Scott?"
" Uh... with Stiles!" I gulped, following Jackson to make sure he didn't ruin everything. I stood up, walking around my room," I'm bored!"
" Wanna help with dishes?"
" I have homework!" She laughed, I smiled and began reading, waiting for Scott or Stiles to text me.

Scott walked upstairs, I ran into his room, following him, Scott started checking voicemails, pacing. He was missing assignments and wouldn't let me help him! Because he's some goody-two-shoes!
He said" Oh, dammit." Someone knocked on his door," Not now, mom." The knocking continued, I looked at him," I said not now." He walked to the door and unlocked it, it was Allison.
She said" Sorry. Your mom let me in. Can we talk?"
I said" I have work to do, bye Allison." I grabbed Scott's homework, smirking at him before walking to my room.
He said" No, Cle-Cleo. Give it back."
" Can't hear you, too busy thinking of your handwriting." I began working on some stuff,

Mom walked past, she was all dressed up, my mouth gaped and I got up, following her. She opened Scott's door, the two sat up quickly,
She said" Hey, Scott, I'm coming home late tonight." I slid by her and stood next Scott," What? What... what's wrong? Is it... is it my hair, makeup?"
Scott and I said" No. No, nothing. You look beautiful."
Allison said" You look amazing."
Scott said" Amazing. Why do you look amazing?"
Mom said" Because, amazingly, I'm having dinner for once with a member of the male gender who's over the age of 16."
Scott and I asked" Who?"
" It's a medical rep that came into the hospital today. Yeah, we just kind of started talking, and the next thing I know I'm saying yes to dinner and I'm really hating myself for skipping the gym last week."
" What medical rep?" The doorbell rang,
" That medical rep. And I'm not... I'm not ready. I'm not ready. I'm not done, I'm not ready, so if you could please just get the... get the door and talk to him, okay, just..." She walked away then looked back to us," Be nice."
" Just one minute, okay?" We walked downstairs, he beat me to the door, he went to open it but stopped. The bell rang again,
" Scott! Get the door." Scott started backing away, I walked to him, the doorbell rang again," Scott! For the lobe of god, please!" Scott went for the door then it turned and opened, we turned our heads to mom." What're you doing? Aren't you gonna invite him in?" Scott and I looked back to the door and saw Peter,
He said" Hello there." Scott tried to slam the door in his face," Really? Slam the door in my face? Come on, Scott. Take a second to think that through." Scott grabbed me, pulling me further away from Peter,
Scott said" I'll tell her."
" That I used to be a catatonic invalid with burns covering half my face? Good luck with that."
" If you hurt her, if you even touch her..."
" Scott, if I may interrupt your listing of the top five most impotent-sounding threats for a moment, try and remember that I've been in a coma for six years. Don't you think I'd like to have dinner with a beautiful woman?"
Mom said" Just... Just half a second. Sorry."
" Or maybe... You think that I've come up with an idea. Like how it might be easier to convince you to be part of the pack if your mother is, too." Peter walked in, Scott nudged me back as he walked backwards." You need to understand how much more powerful we are together, you and me and Derek. Did you know that some of the most successful military operations during the second world war were the German U-boat attacks? Do you know what they called them? Wolf packs. Did you know that? Or are you failing history as well?"
Scott said" I know the germans lost the war."
" I think you'll find that most historians would argue that as a failure of leadership. And trust me, we don't have that problem here." Mom came up behind us,
She said" I'm ready, I'm ready. Sorry again." She walked out with Peter, I looked at Scott,
We said" Mom."
" Yes. sweethearts." Scott gripped my hand,
" Have a good time." They walked away, I looked at Scott, shaking slightly, he ran upstairs, oh man! The second Allison might have forgave him too!
We ran out,
I said" And Allison?"
Scott said" She's gonna stay, we'll be back in a few."
" Okay, Scotty."

We were hidden behind a car, we called Stiles, got him to hit the car Peter was driving. He smirked, I knew Peter must have said something to him, then he looked shocked.
He said" Jackson. Oh, no." He stood up," Stay here, get a lift from Stiles, okay? I'll be back soon." I gulped, watching him run, probably to the Hale house.

I totally abandoned Scott's idea, I was walking towards the Hale house, then I saw him, on the ground. No, no, no, no, no! I ran to him, he was bleeding, oh my god! Then I saw Deaton, he walked over and lifted him up, I looked at Deaton.
I said" W-What?" Scott started moving again,
Scott groaned" Stop."
Deaton said" It's all right, Scott. You're gonna be all right." I followed him, confused... how? What?! I need to know what's happening!

We were at the clinic, Deaton got the bullet out of Scott, who woke up, coughing.
Deaton said" I wouldn't get up just yet."
Scott groaned" Where am I..."
" You're fine. And I've given you something that should speed up the healing process." I held Scott's hand, he turned his head to me,
" But you're a vet."
" That's very true. And 90% of the time, I'm mostly treating cats and dogs."
" Mostly?"
" Mostly." I laid my hands next to Scott's head, I sighed, running my fingers though his hair.