Chapter 13

I hate my life... while my brother and best friend get to help the supernatural side of Beacon Hills I've been stuck in the hospital, all semester... it's summer now, and I've only got worse. My eyes closed again, then I felt someone in my room, I opened my eyes, and saw Derek. He tilted his head,
I said" Yeah?"
He said" You're not getting better, why aren't you getting better?"
" Because life hates me."
" Are you sure you don't want to be a werewolf? You'd never have to deal with any of this again."
" Derek Hale, as I've already told a million times, I'm not giving in that easily."
" Scott'll be devastated."
" Scott'll be okay after a while."
" He needs you."
" Yeah, I know."
" Then why are you just going to roll over and die?!"
" Well, it looks like he's not the only one who needs me."
" I care, okay?"
" I know you care, and I know you can't stand seeing this girl you watched in this same bed waste away. But I need you to watch out for Scott, okay? If I don't get better, if I die, you watch out for my brother, okay?"
" Okay."
" Look, you've got enough of your hands, Boyd and Erica, Isaac. They need you right now."
" But I want to know you'll be out of here by the end of summer."
" I can't say I will... Derek, they gave me a week."
" What?!"
" They're saying I'm gonna be dead by the end of the week."
" No! There's got to be something they can do, anything they can do!"
" They've tried everything."
" No, there's got to be something else, anything else!"
" Derek, there's nothing they can do."
" I can turn you!"
" Derek, I wouldn't survive the bite, and you know it!"
" We can try!"
" Derek, I wouldn't survive the bite, okay? You know it as well as I do, the body has to be strong, and right now mine's weak."
" No, but it we just.."
" Derek, you can't save me!" He looked down," Just please, promise me you'll take care of my big brother, okay? Take care of him for me."
" I will."
" No matter what he does, okay? Watch out for him."
" I will, I swear." He hugged me, I hugged him back,
" And whoever the hell is the alpha pack, you protect Scott, okay? He means everything to me."
" How do you know?"
" Isaac texted me."
" Good to know."
" Don't blame him, he can sense your fear about me."
" Okay." His phone dinged," I've got to go, I'll be back soon."
" Okay."
—————
I felt the electricity go through me, I choked on air,
I heard Scott scream" No! Cleo! Cleo! Ahh! Cleo!" I started breathing heavily," Cleo?!" I felt his hand on my face, I smiled a bit, I opened my eyes and saw him." No, no, no, you can't leave me. You promised you'd be alive till I got married!"
I mumbled" Promises are meant to be broken."
" No, no, Derek, please!" I looked and saw Derek in the corner, looking down. Stiles was on the other side of me, eyes teary," Derek?!"
Stiles said" Come on, Moo, you can't just leave us, like this. Uh, we've still got so much to do. Like, like go to the Eiffel tower, or go to New York!"
I said" Well, maybe I'll see all those places, maybe..." I started coughing, I saw my mom," Maybe..."
Scott said" Derek, please! Do something! Do anything!" Scott grabbed my hand," Why aren't you in pain?"
" B'cause it doesn't hurt."
" No, no, no! Please, Cleo, don't do this, okay? Just stay, okay? Stay with me, with us! We need you! I need you!"
" You'll be okay."
" No, I won't! I won't know what to do without you, come on, Cleo! Moo, please just fight!"
" I fought a lot... I just can't..."
" We've still got things to solve."
" Scott, you've got Stiles and Mom, you'll be okay."
" I won't be okay, I won't have my best friend, my little sister!"
" Scott, promise me you'll be okay." He looked down, I saw tears fall from his cheek," Scotty, please."
" I'll be okay, I promise."
Stiles said" Yeah, I'll be okay too, I'll make sure Scott's okay, hmm? That sound good?"
I said" Yeah, brother, it sounds good." He kissed my head, Scott kissed my head,
Mom said" We'll be okay, baby girl. I'll make sure we're okay."
Stiles said" I still have your note, I'll make sure it's dealt with, okay? Everything will be okay."
Scott said" Derek, please? Bite her!"
Derek said" I can't."
" Why not?!"
" I promised and I don't break my promises, even if I really want to." I smiled at Derek, he smiled back, I looked at Scott. I smiled,
" Please, Cleo, let him break his promise, we need you. We need Cleo McCall, I need Cleo McCall, to set me straight whenever I go out of line, okay? I need you."
" You've got this, Scotty. Stiles will be there to help, okay?"
" But-But I want you."
" I know, but it'll be okay-okay, it'll be just fine. Eventually, the sadness will go away and I'll be like a distant memory."
" Never, never, Cleo. I'll never forget you, I'll always remember you, god, I couldn't ever forget you! You mean the world to me!"
" I'll see you in a while. I love you guys, so much! You know that, I'm never gonna stop loving you, you're my brothers, okay? Keep each other safe."
" Please..."
" I love you, Scott." I started fading away, everything was becoming distant," Love you guys... Scott, mom... Stiles... Derek... Scott, Scott, I-I don't... Scott, I don't wanna..."

Everything went black

Fin...?