Chapter six

At this point my stomach started to kill me. Two whole days with nothing to eat and no sleep had me seeing more visions. Visions that kept me awake. I looked over at my GPS and it said I was right over the landing point. 

"Okay.. Quiet now..." I whispered, as I shut the engine off and glided down to the hangar bay for the tornado. I was back at Sonic's house. 

I landed maybe 300 feet away, out of view from any of the windows facing the back of the house. 

"Oooh, undercover?" Clare whispered behind me, peeking over my shoulder after I crouched behind a tree. 

"Yeah, shh!" I speed-walked toward the hangar, nervous I might be seen. When I was about  25 feet away, I ran and hid behind the corner. I noticed a buzzing sound and looked at my hand, which was causing the metal to act as a conductor. 

"Cool!" Clare exclaimed. She flew around the hangar to observe it. "You're a pretty good builder, Tails!" She flew back behind me.

"Just wait till' you get INSIDE." I smiled and unlocked the door, sneaking inside. 

The lights flickered on and revealed everything I had built, or owned. I looked at the small desk and rummaged through the pile of blueprints. "Aha! There you are!" I grabbed a piece of chocolate mint candy and popped one in my mouth. Clare's mood crystal changed to green. 

"How long has that been out...?" She moved back. 

"..." 

I stood still, and spat it out. "Good point." I kicked the wet ball of half melted chocolate and mint under my desk. "Feel free to look around!" I said as I grabbed some iron blocks, some wires and lenses. Clare flew around in awe. She took a liking to the Sea Fox.

"So small! What is it?" She turned and looked at me.

"That's the Sea Fox, a multipurpose submarine for underwater adventures. I used to go on them with Sonic." I rubbed the glass dome, thinking back at the old times. "I think I'm a little too big now don't ya think?" I opened Sea Fox and squat inside. Clare starting laughing, and so did I. It felt good to laugh with someone again. I got out and shut the glass dome, and walked to my work bench. 

"Whatcha' doin? A disguise?" She moved from one side of my shoulder to the other. "What's that lever for?" She stopped and looked at the blue lever. 

"That," I leaned forward, "Is the switch for an elevator that goes down to the X Tornado, a space shuttle I built." I went back to work. 

Clare floated off somewhere and continued examining my hangar. My mind was at high alert though since Sonic might walk in at any time. Next thing I knew, a loud bang echoed in the room. 

"CHRIST!" I jumped in fear. 

Clare knocked something over. And a robotic bark came from under a pile of junk.

"Uh Tails... Who's this?" Clare moved back.

 I dropped my stuff and ran towards her. 

"I'm sorry!" Clare moved back more. But she was the last thing on my mind.

"T-Pup!" I hurdled over the couch and kneeled down, petting his smooth metal texture. "Oh my god I missed you!" I picked him up and rubbed his belly. T-Pup barked and jumped down from my arms. I looked over at Clare. 

"This is T-Pup! He's my favorite invention," I said. 

 Clare gasped, "A robotic dog!"

"Yes! He's designed to help me out in small battles." 

T-Pup barked at me. 

"And for science stuff." I smiled at the dog, and walked back at the bench. "Okay, I need to work guys." I cut the glass into a V-Shape, and fired up the smelter for the iron.