Chapter eighteen

I walked closer to the border of the blizzard. My heart was pounding. And just like last time, I knew he knew how afraid I was. I swallowed my fear and doubt and yelled.

"ARTHAS MENETHIL! THIS ENDS RIGHT NOW!" The blizzard died down. The wind completely stopped. But the fear? The fear kept going. In fact, it ramped up. Behind me I heard the flaps of Silvers wings. I turned around and Silver was gone.

"Good idea..." I looked up at him flying off in the distance.

"TAILS!" Clare yelled to get my attention. I turned around, and there he was... Right in front of me, toe to toe.

He was towering over me. At least three times my size, and I was only three feet tall. I swallowed again, trying to anticipate his next move. He was just standing there, looking at me. Clare was dead silent, I think she preferred to stay in the sheath.

"You will fail, Miles." He broke the silence with his booming voice. I decided to go in smart, unexpected. I focused to try and used my speed skills, but nothing happened.

Shit.

"Is that the best you can come up with?" I replied, being a smart ass can get me killed a lot quicker. I backed up and tried to breathe, but I couldn't. I was shaking too much in fear.

"You have fight, and power. Lots of it..." Arthas pulled his sword out. It flowed with pure power, and I could feel it. "A shame I have to put you down. And when I'm finished with you, I'll made your world bleed and beg for mercy."

Enough chatting. I ran and rolled under him as he swiped left, and managed to hit his calf. Nothing but a scratch in his armor.

He wasted no time to try and kill me. I got up quickly and jumped over his sword, and ducked as he swiped it again. I jumped again and tackled him to the ground, trying to land as many punches as possible.

Each punch made a loud booming sound, and cracked the ground beneath us. But it looked like it was affecting Arthas.

Suddenly a blue aura spoiled up, and exploded, throwing me back a couple hundred feet. I managed to catch myself in the air thanks to my tails, and dived down towards him.

Arthas didn't expect me to have flight abilities, and it caught him off guard. I dived into his face, making another thunderous boom. Arthas slid back a couple feet, making a small crater. This seemed easy. Almost too easy...

I grabbed Clare and swung her at Arthas, hoping to land a hit on him again. Arthas dodged Clare and threw Frostmourne at me.

I managed to dodge it, but not completely. A small cut on my cheek started to bleed. Arthas started to RUN at me, and so did I.

I charged my fist up for an uppercut, and concentrated on the attack.

We both met. I swung my arm up, hoping to get a hit. Arthas dodged it, and that's when I knew I was fucked. Arthas did an uppercut on ME, and sent me flying, causing a massive boom, managing to break the ground into chunks around us. Next thing I knew, I hit a building, and another, crashing into them one by one. My vision was blurry, and I started free falling towards the ground.