Chapter eleven

"How long have you been walking Tails?" Clare asked as she did a midair cartwheel in front of me. I didn't even know. Two days? Three? I should've thought to put a clock in my damn helmet.

"I don't know, two?" I got out of the mountain range after awhile though, so now I'm in some sort of grassy valley. DEFINITELY hidden from civilization.

I opened my pouch to take out my canteen of water and opened it to take a drink, only to find it to be empty...

"Well shit, now what?" I turned it upside down and shook it a little. Clare flew high in the sky and looked around, and came back down.

"Luckily for you there's a pond a few hundred feet north east of here, and some food!" Her mood crystal changed to yellow.

"Food? What food?" I shoved the canteen back in my bag and stood up, walking the direction Clare said to go.

"I thought I saw an animal or something taking a drink?" She followed close behind me.

"Can I ask you a question?" I turned around to face her, still walking.

"Yeah sure, what is it?"

"Did you have another guardian with you, or am I the first one? I asked the Universe the same question but she ignored me."

"I honestly don't know. All I remember is you, the Universe and me together." Her mood crystal changed to green.

"Sorry one more question, if you can fly, what happens if I hold onto you while you're flying?"

"Nothing? YOU grab ME, not the other way around, if that makes sense?" She zoomed past me and stopped by some bushes.

"We're here." She whispered as I walked past her and into the bushes.

"What are you whispering for? Th-" I stopped and starred into the eyes of it. "-There's something here.." It was a giant bird with four legs, and a lions tail. It had silver like feathers around its head.

The griffin starred deep into me as we both backed up slowly. I wasn't sure what to do.

"Clare... This definitely ISN'T food."
I whispered so I wouldn't scare the bird off. Or something?

The griffin cocked it's head and stopped moving. Good, I didn't scare it, I think. I slowly moved forward.

"Hey there buddy... My names Tails. I won't hurt you, or EAT you?" I looked at Clare thinking she was crazy.

As soon as I said my name, it stepped CLOSER, and so did I. Clare hid behind me, peeking out of my right shoulder.

"Touch it!" She whispered as she moved to my left shoulder. I slowly stuck my hand out and kneeled down to show I didn't mean harm.

It inched closer to where I could barely touch its beak.

And then it stopped, dead silent.
Nothing but the windy fields around us.

And then it finally touched my hand.

"Hey there big guy." I stood up slowly and started petting its head. I pulled my canteen out and walked towards the pond to refill it.

Then I noticed something. The pond started making ripples. The griffin started to panic and ran next to me.

"Clare?" I stood up, closing my canteen in a hurry.