Chapter seventeen

"Here for the chaos emeralds?"  Sonic got here quick. Amy had her hammer on her shoulder, and Knuckles had his arms crossed, giving me the side eye.

"No, I came here to ask Robotnik a favor."
I looked behind me, just to check on him.

"You put up quite a fight for a favor..." Amy said as she set her hammer down and leaned on it. Sonic narrowed his eyes. He thinks I'm lying.

"Yeah, it's almost like you were here for the emeralds YOURSELF." Knuckles punched his hand. If this turns into a fight, I would win WITHOUT my powers. I knew every weakness all three of them had.

Amy has the ability to turn invisible, but both her shadow and hammer are still visible, and she can still take damage. Knuckles was strong, yet gullible and short tempered. I knew how to get under his skin.

Sonic is a different story. He maybe fast, and skilled, but the ONLY weakness he has is that he can't swim. Typical.

We all stood there for a good 30 seconds.

I looked at the map on the computer. The blizzard was somewhere near Central City. Only a couple miles away from us, AND station square. I looked back at the trio. I didn't have time for this. I needed to go, now, before Arthas hurts anyone if he hasn't already.

I recalled when the universe said to focus if I wanted to use my speed powers anytime. And I needed them now more than ever.

I concentrated, and watched as Sonics foot tapping completely stopped.

"Well you're getting rather good at your speed skills!" Clare floated towards me. I was worried about other things.

"He's right by Central City, Clare," I ran over to the computer in an instant and pointed at the blizzard, "We need to go, now!" Clare's crystal changed to purple

"Oh snap! We DO gotta go." Clare zoomed towards Silver, ready for probably the biggest fight of our life.

I hopped on Silver, and concentrated again. Everything went back to normal speed.

"Silver, we need to go, now!" Silver was shocked to see me on his back that fast, but squawked in reply.

"Where do you think you're going?!" Sonic zoomed in front of Silver to try and stop him. Silver growled with anger, and scared Sonic out of the way.

"It's okay, boy." I pet him gently, and looked at Sonic. "Hero business." I looked at Eggman, and back at Sonic before Silver ran out of the room. We quickly ran past Metal Sonics corpse, and down the long hallway of broken bulkhead doors. Once we made it outside to the runway I set my GPS towards Central City. I needed to get there fast If I wanted as little casualties as possible, and luckily I had Silver on my side.

Silver jumped off the ledge and dived towards the surface at speeds I've never achieved during my time as a pilot.

A couple minutes passed, and I could see the raging blizzard in the distance. I could feel Arthas's power growing as we got closer. Silver suddenly stopped, and flew to the ground.

"Silver, you okay?" Silver was staring at the white, raging clouds of the blizzard. He knew who was in there. Clare and I were staring at it too. This was the moment that would change the fate of the universe.

Silver kept acting like he wanted to get closer, but he couldn't. He would take a step forward and jump back.

He's afraid...

"It's okay buddy, I'll be back." I pat him gently and kept off.

Off to my right was Central City, only a couple miles away. To my left, destruction, darkness, chaos... The unknown. Something I needed to put down once and for all. Clare floated next to me.

"Are you ready..?" She asked me as she moved closer to me. She looked scared despite her being a one eyed sword. I grabbed her handle and sheathed her.

"Yeah... I'm ready."

END OF CHAPTER SEVENTEEN, THE GUARDIAN