Chapter twelve

It was almost 2 in the morning. Me and the rest of the gang finally landed back at my hangar. Silver looked exhausted, and after what I just pulled?

I feel like I could do that a hundred times more.

"Good, because you ARE!" Clare floated alongside me as I began walking toward the door.

"Are there really a hundred of those?"
I stopped to look at her as I reached in my bag for my keys.

"Not yet, but there will be!" She sounded excited about it. Silver Bolt looked at me for a reaction.

"Hooray..." I rolled my eyes and sighed while I tried to stick the keys in my lock, only to see the knob broken off. I pushed open the door to see everything scattered all over the place.

"Woah, what happened?" Clare flew around the hangar, examining the clutter.

"I don't know, the door locks with a timer if it's unused for a couple minutes. Someone broke the damn thing off though."

I looked around and examined the damage. Blueprints were scattered, my tools were off the rack. My heart rate began to climb as I kept thinking to myself that someone knew who I was.

"I need to go, someone's probably onto me." 
I sped around the room, grabbing my essentials. I even grabbed a sword sheath for Clare. I stopped when I focused on the TV.

"-Eyewitness reports flooded in today as a rock concert last night was interrupted by a giant the size of a mountain. But luckily for the crowd, they got something a little more than they payed for. That same hero who stopped a bank robbery saved the day yet again! People are now calling him "The guardian". Witnesses say Sonic was nowhere to be seen, so the guardian may be working alone."

I turned off the TV and put on my back pack.

"What's going on? Where are we going?" Clare asked nervously as shut the broken door behind me and climbed onto Silver.

"We're going to a friend of mine." I wrapped the sword sheath around me and motioned Clare to slide in.

"Me, in that? Okie dokie then!" She slid in, and in an instant, I was high in the air as Silver Bolt's giant wings thunderously flapped a few times.

I set a GPS waypoint for Carl's house. If I feel comfortable telling anyone what happened to me in the past 24 hours, it would be him.

"Hey Silver, how fast can you go? My Tornado made it there in two hours, can you beat it?" I patted his head gently. Silver squawked playfully and zoomed away.

In what seemed like ten seconds, we were already a quarter of the way there. And then I felt something weird. I felt something... Familiar.

"Stop!" I patted him again and looked around frantically. Something was here with us. It was the same feeling I got when I was around those "Shadow Demons".

I froze when I heard a swooshing noice.

"Silver, go, now!"  Clare yelled as her crystal changed to gray.

Before he even got a chance to flap his wings, I was knocked off of him by something huge.

I felt the wind rushing through my fur as I was free falling several thousand feet in the air before I could reach for Clare I was hit with another blow in the hip.

"Come on!" I yelled at the top of my lungs as I spun uncontrollably. I used my tails to bring me upright. I spun them harder to gain some altitude.