{1} {School}

I hate school.

No, I despise school.

I never really had any friends and I don't think many people like me.

I never made an effort to get to know people and they didn't bother to talk to me.

I normally just got glares because everyone knew my sister.

I had just entered the gates of hell or school, as some people like to call it, when I heard my name being called. I kept my head down and began walking faster.

I had almost reached the school building when I felt a hand grab my arm.

It was my teacher, Miss Granger, the woman who made me tell her how I was feeling each day and basically a councillor to me. I hated going to her each day, I felt judged and embarrassed.

She always tried to help but it never worked, I just felt worse about myself. I hated being sent to her was I had been kicked out of lessons.

"Come on Sophie, we need to talk about yesterday." She enforced as she ushered me towards her office.

She was referring to the incident yesterday when I was caught slapping another girl in the hallway. That's not the whole story, but that's all that she saw. She never believed my side of the story, no matter how many people I had to back me up.

"So, what happened this time?" she questioned. "It wasn't my fault." I assured her.

"You say that every day Sophie." She reminded me with a less than pleased look on her face.

I sighed, each day I had to tell her about everything that had happened, which usually involved some sort of fight. "Did you take your pills yesterday?" she asked me looking slightly more caring.

I'm bipolar you see, I can't really control what happens in my mind. Little things set off my moods and I get angry all the time.

I nodded at her in reply, I hadn't taken my pill, I had thrown it in the trash like usual, but I couldn't let her know.

I hate taking those pills, they make me feel dizzy and I throw up sometimes. Throwing up isn't bad though, it makes me thinner, like I need to be.

"You have to talk to me if you want to get better Sophie." She looked like she felt sorry for me, I hate when people do that.

"I'm fine." I replied bluntly. I wasn't fine, not remotely, but I wasn't going to admit that. My family already thought I was a freak; I couldn't have them find out anymore. I only got diagnosed as bipolar because my parents dragged me to a psychiatrist after I attacked my sister.

That bitch deserved it though; she was always making fun of me, serves her right though really, she got diagnosed not long after me. She never really spoke to me after that, other than forced interaction by our parents, we ignored each other. I think she blamed me for her getting diagnosed, my parents wouldn't have known the symptoms otherwise.

She was out working most of the time and I locked myself in my room. She thinks she's famous when really no one cares, so what if she can sing, I could too if I used auto tune.

I got dismissed from the office and headed to the toilets; I had no intention of walking into first period twenty minutes late, image the whole class staring at me, no thank you.

I sat on the floor of the toilets and checked my phone; I had a text from my mom.

Demetria is home tonight, be home on time... and please try and be nice. Love you, mom x

I felt a tear roll down my cheek but quickly wiped it away. Demi being home meant my family ignoring me, they always preferred her, especially after she gets home from a long trip.

I curled my knees to my chest and let out a sob. It sounds stupid, being upset because your sister is home, but to me it meant so much more than that to me.

I heard someone enter the bathroom but didn't bother to look up. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder and heard the voice speak. "You got moms text about Demi coming home then." It was my other sister, Madison; I nodded as she pulled me closer to her.

I loved Maddie but even she changed when Demi was around. She had the right to though, Demi loved her more and she preferred Demi over me.

Maddie wiped my tears and pulled me up. "You have to go to your lesson or you're going to get yelled at again." I nodded and headed out of the bathroom.

I never went to lessons; I always got upset or was too nervous to go. It ended in me being dragged to the office to talk to Miss Granger but it was better than me having another panic attack in class.

She usually rang my mom too, which resulted in more yelling when I got home.

I have never been a child who was purposefully naughty, but I got angry so quickly and my anxiety was a mess. Sometimes I physically couldn't walk into a classroom.

Sometimes when I did pluck up the courage to enter the classroom people mocked me, which usually resulted in me having a panic attack and running out.

Miss Granger was sympathetic towards my anxiety and always tried to calm me down when I cried in her office. Whenever she questioned me about missing lessons she already knew the answer.

After the last period I was heading out of school when someone began walking next to me. It was a girl out of my math class, Jamie. She was really pretty and kind of popular; I have no idea why she's even this close to me.

"Hey." She spoke softly. "Hi." I replied semi bluntly. Usually people wanted to be my friend to get close to my sister which is why I never bothered to make friends.

"So Miss Granger said you were struggling in maths and I..." I cut her off, "I don't want your pity."

"I wasn't, I offered, I noticed you're never really in class and thought you could do with some help. You know, from someone your own age, rather than being suck in math at lunch with Mr Sweaty."

She was referring to our math teacher, who was very sweaty. I was hesitant about her, I didn't trust her, or really know her for that matter.

"I don't kn..." I started to decline her offer but she interrupted me, "please, we don't even have to do maths, I just want to hang out with you, you're too pretty to be alone." She smiled back at me.

"Fine." I agreed. She smiled even wider, "great! Put your number in here." She said as she pushed her phone towards me. I entered it and returned it to her, "I'll text you." Was the last thing I heard before she left.

I'm not entirely convinced her by her act but whatever, if I get hurt its my own fault anyway.

She was hot, damn. Wait what I'm straight. Shh.

I shook those thoughts from my mind and headed home, as slowly as I could. I was dreading what waited when I got there.