{8} {handcuffs}

"Sophie get downstairs." my dad yelled.

I obliged and headed down, quickly as to avoid more yelling.

I stood shot in the doorway to the lounge where the rest of my family was gathered.

"Sit down." my dad told me.

I hurried over to the couch and sat opposite them all, shaking my leg slightly with anxiety.

"We don't know what to do with you anymore." My dad began telling me.

"We're at our wits end with you. We don't understand what's going on in your mind, only Demetria does."

I nodded, they really didn't get it, how the voices told me to do things.

"We've decided that you will no longer live with us. " I looked up in shock at my dad, they were kicking me out.

"We think it would be safer and healthier for you to live with Demi for a while. She understands how your mind works, we don't." he explained.

They hated me, they didn't want me as a daughter anymore.

"I'm sorry, please, I'll behave." I tried to get them to change their minds.

"I'm sorry baby, we have no other options." my mom explained.

I couldn't even look at them, I felt betrayed.

"Go and pack some clothes, we think it's best if you leave tonight." my dad said.

I huffed and stormed upstairs.

I went into my bathroom and grabbed my razor, I didn't even want to stop myself. I cut myself, slashing at my wrist.

There were at least twenty fresh deep cuts now lacing my left forearm.

I threw some clothes and my blades into a bag along with some toiletries and made my way downstairs.

I threw my bag down at the front door and leant against the wall with my arms folded as I sulked.

"I don't know why you're sulking, you got yourself into this mess." my dad said as he went upstairs.

I flipped him off behind his back, earning a hard glare from Demi. I sucked in my breath at her and looked away.

"Put your shoes on."

Demi walked me out to the car and we headed to her apartment. I dreaded the idea of being stuck with Demi, we were bound to argue.

When we got there I was sent to the guest room and ordered to stay there, my dad had given Demi clear guidelines for my punishment, one being I had to stay in my room and 'think about what I had done'.

I got bored, I wanted to leave. I heard Demi singing from the kitchen which meant I had a clear path to the door.

I grabbed my bag containing my blades and made a run for the door. I was quiet shitting the door so she wouldn't notice but as soon as I was out I ran.

I ran all the way to the park which was twenty minutes, I was exhausted.

I was so mad, and sad, at the whole situation. I had messed up big time, even my family didn't want me anymore.

I sat down by a tree and hugged my knees. I rested my head on one knee as I looked into the approaching darkness.

I couldn't control my sobs, the sobs that had been contained for the most part since the start of term.

I hated myself.

I took out a razor and began adding to the collection of cuts which were scattered on my arms.

I jumped when I heard a noise of footsteps approaching me.

A bright light was shined into my face causing me to scream.

I still had blood all over me and my razor in my hand.

I tried to run away but I was pinned down. I kicked and screamed but I was thrown into the back of a van and driven off.

I cried as I felt the van turn corners, bashing me against the sides slightly as I tried to gain my balance.

I was pulled out at a large building which the sign read police station.

I screamed as they tried to drag me inside, kicking and punching the air as the hauled me inside.

They tried to question me but all I could do was cry out.

I was pushed into a cell still with my handcuffs on. I screamed out for them to release me but no one came.

I was sat in the middle of the floor, rocking back and forth as I counted to one hundred over and over.

My arms stung from the force the police officer had applied to my cuts, she practically ripped them open.

I screamed out again, at a final attempt to be freed but it was no use.

I wasn't a criminal, I'd done nothing wrong.

My dad must have called them so they didn't have to see me again.

It was morning before anyone came.

A different lady opened my cell and walked over to me. I didn't move, I had been in the same curled up position all night.

"Demi is here to pick you up sweetheart, come on." she said as she pulled me up to my feet.

I whimpered out in pain as the handcuffs dug into my skin.

The lady undid them and freed my arms. I brought them round the front of my body and examined them.

I had deep indentations from where I had resisted the handcuffs and there were open wounds on my arms which I had made intentionally.

I wrapped my arms around myself as tears poured down my cheeks.

The lady led me out into the reception which had been the stage for my screaming fit the night before. When Demi saw me she ran over and hugged me close.

"I was so worried about you, never do that again okay?" She said.

I ignored her and continued to stare at my feet.

We were pulled into a room and I was forced to sit down.

"So we detained her because she was threatening to hurt herself. We found her in the park last night with a razor blade and self inflicted wounds. We thought it best for her safety to bring her in and take her home but she would not participate. When you rang it was past release time which is why she had to be released this morning. We strongly recommend her going to see someone, this kind of behaviour is dangerous at her age." the lady explained to Demi.

I wasn't going to see someone. Last time I did for my bipolar disorder I spent the whole time crying.

Demi wrapped her arm around me as we left the station. "I was so worried, I love you." she spoke into my ear as we left.