IV

[Small note: Dan views Lani as a little sister figure.]

Lani was in the downstairs shower, Chloe was in the upstairs. As she ran the soap from her body, she remembered the gunshot. She heard clattering and thumps. She turned off the shower, wrapped a towel around herself, and grabbed her gun.

Chloe soon stood beside her, in the same state as Lani and asked, guns raised, "Lucifer?"

Their towels fell to the ground, but they made no move to pick them up.

"Well, good morning, Detective, Deputy," Lucifer said.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Chloe asked.

"Setting the table."

"You broke into my house?"

The two women picked up their towels and wrapped them around their bodies.

"Yes, well, I hope you both don't mind, but I made a little brekkie. You two were taking forever in the shower. What do you two do in there?"

"You are unbelievable!" Chloe cried.

"Oh, thank you, but it's you two who should take the compliment. Really kept things up since Hot Tub High School, haven't we? Ding-dong." He looked at Lani. "You've got quite the stunning figure as well, Deputy."

Chloe sighed. "I want to shoot you."

Lani frowned. "I might shoot you."

"Teases," Lucifer said. "Do it. I'm immortal, remember? Uh, do you have any truffle oil?"

"Lucifer, get out of my house now," Chloe told him.

"We haven't eaten yet."

"Out."

"Well, don't we need to discuss the next case?"

"There is no next case," Lani retorted.

"What?"

"Out," Chloe demanded.

"We're already late, so let's go."

"Lucifer!" Trixie cried.

"Yeah."

"What in God's name are you doing here?" Dan asked.

"Nothing in his name. Here on my own, actually."

Trixie looked between him and the two cops. "Did you, Mommy and Lani have a sleep over?"

"No. No. Absolutely not," Chloe and Lani said.

Chloe then asked, "What are you guys doing here anyway?"

"She left her bird report here," Dan answered.

"Want to see?" Trixie questioned.

"Um, not really," Lucifer said. "Here, have a snack, child." Lucifer offered her food.

"Are either of you sleeping with this idiot?" Dan demanded.

"They haven't had the pleasure, unfortunately, no."

"Okay, everybody, excluding Lani, out," Chloe told them. "Trixie has to get to school. Lani and I got to get to work. Come on, out, please."

"No, no, no, no, no, you can't throw me out again," Lucifer protested.

Dan frowned. "Again? So this is a habit."

"Yes, shocking, isn't it?"

"No."

"Never been thrown out of anywhere before in my life. Well, except for Heaven, of course." Lani and Chloe pushed him towards the front door. "Fine, fine, fine, fine. But somebody please flip the omelet if it's not already ruined."