V

Lucifer and Maze were watching a fashion show.

"I very much approve of Benny's avant-garde approach to clothing," Lucifer said. "The models don't appear to be wearing any."

"The Benny Choi brand isn't about clothes," Maze replied. "It's the shoes. These guys kill for limited-edition kicks. Six G's a pair."

"Oh, even the Mistress of Excess is impressed. Go, Benny." A woman brought her sword near Lucifer. "Oh, hello. Mmm, dangerous. Lucifer likes."

"You were shot and you bled. No sharp objects until we find out why."

"Oh, quite the opposite. The danger of getting hurt's positively thrilling. Fun with mortality. Bring it."

Maze frowned. "Excuse me. Since when does the Devil care about mortality?"

Lucifer ignored her and said, "Great show, Benny."

The emcee said, "Ladies and gentlemen, Benny Choi!"

The audience erupted in cheers and applauded.

Lucifer was backstage with the model who had flirted with him. He stared into her eyes. "Now, come on, gorgeous, you tell me your most dangerous desire."

"Cheeseburger," the woman replied.

"Cheeseburger? Really?"

A gunshot rang out and a man cried, "Benny, get down!" Another gunshot rang out.

"What was that?" Lucifer asked as people screamed and ran. "It's a bit early for last call."

He peeked out and said, "Never mind."

Maze appeared and told him, "You need to leave. Now."

"What's the rush? It's just getting exciting."

"Humans are playing with their guns, and now they're running for cover. No reason to find out if your bones will break too."

"Well, what about my broken heart?"

"Move!"

There were more gunshots and someone yelled, "Get down! Get down!"

People clamored over each other and shrieked.

"Move, move!" A man cried. "Y'all got to move!"

A second man yelled, "Come on! Let's go!"

"People really do kill for Benny's shoes," Lucifer commented, noticing the body on the ground.

"We need to get out of here now," Maze said.

"Why? I just found my danger."

Sirens wailed in the distance.

A woman tearfully said, "She snuck out of the house. I thought she was asleep."

"Mrs. Cortez, my deputy and I will find out who caused your daughter's death," Chloe reassured. "I promise you." She let out a sigh.

Dan walked up to them. "You two okay?"

Lani nodded and said, "Her only child, trampled to death after some thug fired into a crowd."

"I've been better," Chloe admitted.

Dan continued. "Gang Unit's piggybacking Homicide til we can figure out who wanted Benny Choi dead."

"Is he talking?"

"Clammed up as soon as we got to the crime scene."

Chloe sighed. "Okay."