XXXII

Season Three

Lee was driving in the desert, trying to escape the cops. He curbed, seeing Lucifer on the road.

"Are you blind?" Lucifer asked.

Lucifer opened the truck. He tried to get in, but was stopped by his wings. He hid his wings and got in the truck. "The day I've had, I tell you. Right. I'd like a ride to Los Angeles, please. I..." he looked down at himself. "Oh. Dearie me. At least I'm healing fast. Do you have any aloe vera?"

"I ain't going back to L.A.," Lee said.

"What... Hold on, you're not a real armored truck driver, are you? Wait. Don't I know you from somewhere? Oh, yes, yes. You're that jewelry thief, the one who left in nothing but his manties."

"You! You got me put in jail!"

"Uh, well, I think that one's one you, sir. I wasn't the one with the gun and the ski mask."

"I'm not gonna let you screw this up for me again. It's time for you to go."

"Well, you are a tenacious one, I'll give you that. Respect."

"You're one crazy-ass bitch. Now, get out of the truck." Lee threatened Lucifer with his gun. "Now."

"Look... I know you don't want to shoot me, Mr.... What's your name?"

"Said out, bitch."

"Mr. Said Out Bitch, tell me, what is it you really desire?"

"I just want to get out of here, man."

"Right, freedom, of course. That hasn't changed."

They heard police sirens.

"Well, then we might be able to help each other," Lucifer said.

The cops drove to the truck and a cop said, "Suspect heading towards us. Prepare the blockade."

They parked the cars and stopped the truck.

The cops spoke.

"I can't see though."

"Eyes on."

"Easy, easy."

"Don't move!"

Lucifer stepped out of the truck. "Hello, there."

"Hands in the air!" A cop demanded, holding out her gun.

"That won't be necessary. I'm Lucifer Morningstar, consultant for the LAPD. I've apprehended this stolen vehicle and all of its contents. You're welcome."

"Hands up! Down on the ground!"

"Well, I'd really rather not. I've just got into some clean clothes."

"Partner names and badge numbers."

"Oh, for goodness' sake. Detective Decker and Deputy Iosua. I'm afraid I don't know their badge numbers."

"Detective Decker and Deputy Iosua."

"But I'd say with certainty she's a 34-B and the deputy is a 32-B, if that helps. Hot as hell out here, isn't it?"

"Checks out."

"Well, of course it does... I'm never wrong when it comes to cup size. Okay."

"Hold on! What'd you do with the real thief?"

"Well, unfortunately, he got away. But not to worry. I don't think he'll be bothering you for a very, very long time."

Lee was running through the desert with a slip.