sixteen

The sound of your alarm rung your ears, giving you kind of a shock although you were used to the noise. It's been happening for the past few days now.

You did your usual routine and waited for Yoongi by the door.

"Let's go." Yoongi threw his backpack over his shoulder.

"Mhm."

You both headed outside, but nowadays, being outside made you feel.. vulnerable.

You just knew he could come at any time. Nothing felt like everything was alright at all. Because it wasn't.

"-And by the way, just a reminder that I have basketball training after school today so you have to watch me play-" Yoongi noticed that you weren't listening to him, "Y/N?"

He waved his hands in front of your face and you snapped out of your thoughts.

"Yes?"

"Were you not listening to a word I just said?"

"Sorry." You sighed, "What did you say?"

"The important part is that I have basketball training after school today, so you'll have to sit in the court today and watch the team play."

"But I don't want to." You sulked.

"You know how much danger you're in now, so why are you risking your life?" Yoongi's tone of voice changed to a much serious, deeper one.

You stopped walking and Yoongi stopped too.

"I don't know how much longer I can wait until this is all over."

"It's just a month, don't worry-"

"Just a month? Anyone could die within this month, I've already lost a close friend, and I don't want to risk anyone else's life."

"You're the one who's putting themself at risk. So why are you saying that you're risking other people's lives?"

"I can't say."

"We're not going to get into an argument over this Y/N, just listen to me because this is for your sake-"

"No!" You yelled, "I can't."

You broke out into tears, emotions scattering everywhere.

Yoongi hugged you and you instinctively hugged him back.

"I'm sorry. I know that you don't want to do this. You don't have to tell me."

You got yourself together as quick as possible and let go of Yoongi, "Let's go," You let out a small sniffle, "Jungkook and Taehyung are waiting for us still."

"Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'll be fine." You nodded.

"I can't show him that I'm like this because of him. Not now."