[XIX]

The baby in the way a big staggered for Jennie, added with the loss of Lisa—Jennie's plate stuffed.

To say that she was stress to the maximum level wasn't exaggerated. She was completely distressed with all of this unpredictable mess.

Jennie has a variety of feelings which is going to happiness, sadness, anxious and more.

Can't be denied that she was delighted with the fact that the baby she is carrying was the outcome of their love.

From the moment she found out that she is pregnant, Jennie already loves the unborn baby like her own life.

At first, she was confused as she was positive that they being careful. But, she can't play innocent here—Not all the pills work effectively.

Added to that, they were quite active in the bed, it was an understatement for Jennie.

Jennie actually already three weeks far before it was detected by the doctor.

Also, it was already three days Lisa disappeared.

The police have done their best, yet there was still no solid clue that could confide Lisa's whereabouts.

They had studied the CCTV, and the play showed that Lisa last located was at the entrance of the company building before she entered a taxi.

The police didn't see anything suspicious after that.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Jisoo, Rosé, the Kim and the Manoban family were totally anxious about Jennie, Lisa and the baby.

Jennie was as if lost her mind, she couldn't stay still at home and perpetually begged them to let her search Lisa.

Sometimes, she gets angry with the authority for not doing their job well.

Her instinct strongly warns her that Lisa was in danger and need to be helped as soon as possible.

For now, the Kim forbid Jennie from going to work—Her condition obviously didn't qualify to do so.

The Kim agreed on stayed at the apartment to watch over Jennie and to ensure that she didn't do anything that out of her ability.

The health of the baby and the mother were their priorities.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Two weeks have passed, yet Lisa still went missing.

At this point, Jennie frequently rushed to the hospital due to the high blood pressure and lack of rest due to her massive anxiety for Lisa.

Jennie was fully aware that she supposed to put hers and the unborn baby's health as a top priority.

Yet, she couldn't help it but to concerns more of Lisa than herself.

Without Lisa, she felt her life meaningless.

A lot of time she watched and read the news that had the same case like hers, and the majority of them eventually lead to the devastating ending.

Jennie strongly refused to see that happens to Lisa.

__________________

As usual, Mrs Kim will prepare warm milk for Jennie to provide extra nutrition for both the mother and baby.

The mid-age woman knocked on the door just for her daughter to know about her presence, she slowly opened the door.

Jennie wasn't on the bed.

Panic drastically overcome Mrs Kim “Jennie...??” Carefully, she placed the glass on the nightstand.

Her mother instinct kicked in instantly.

Without thinking twice, she rushed to the bathroom. What she found caused her to gasp loudly, eyes shut wide opened and her heart dropped.

“JENNIE-AH!”

Jennie was unconscious, laying on the wet tiles, face as white as paper and dark blood pooled around her hip.

Mrs Kim didn't think of anything else but the safety of her daughter and grandchild.

She cried as she shouted for her husband.

__________________

The day Lisa went missing.

Lisa already called the taxi when she walked out of the building, it didn't take long for the vehicle to arrive.

Everything went smooth and normal, as soon as the taxi stopped before the apartment. Lisa thanked the driver and quickly climbed out of the car.

She had the urge to come back home as soon as possible acknowledging that the love of her life didn't feel so well.

Lisa wanted to look after Jennie and ensure that everything is fine.

Added to that, Lisa was starving. She forgets to eat lunch due to the mountain of paperwork and the thought of Jennie that sick at home.

The tall brunette was about to enter the tall building when a loud honk startled Lisa.

“Hey Lisa!” Greeted a woman in enthusiasm through the rolled down the window.

She parked the car near Lisa and climbed out of the car—She stood unnecessary close to Lisa.

“Nancy?? What are you doing here??” Asked Lisa perplexed, secretly stepped back from the woman.

“Oh yeah, you forget your document. So I thought why don't I stop by to deliver the document right? It's an important one, so I thought you need it.”

Explained Nancy with a wide smile that brought uncomfortable to Lisa.

“Really? It's okay, you can give it to me tomorrow.” Declined Lisa politely, smiled awkwardly.

“But, it already in the back seat, why should we wait for tomorrow right?” Nancy touched Lisa's hand.

Lisa sighed in defeat, the faster she fetches the document, the faster she could go back home.

“Alright...”

“Oh, could you take it by yourself?? I need to call someone. The door wasn't unlocked.” Said Nancy with a phone fixed against her ear.

Lisa didn't respond to that, but simply walked to the back door and opened it.

Frankly, she was confused, she never leaves anything behind whenever she goes back home.

Well, her mind was pretty occupied that day, so it was understandable for Lisa to miss one particular stuff.

Lisa crawled on the back seat “Nancy! Where did you place it?!” Asked Lisa while still searching for the document everywhere in the car including the seat pocket.

The night setting worsened the sight.

“Nancy!” Lisa called again as the woman didn't respond to the first one.

A deep furrow found its own way across Lisa's forehead as Nancy didn't respond to this one too.

“Nancy?” Lisa crawled backwards out of the car and stoop up.

Before she could turn around, she felt a handkerchief pressing hard against her nose.

Lisa was struggling to release herself from the arms that trapping her from behind.

Soon, Lisa felt drastically weak and fainted.

Quite intense isn't? Any thoughts?