[XXI]

Mrs Kim felt Jennie's hand stirred in hers. She quickly alerted her sleeping husband on the provided couch.

Both of the Kim immediately got on their feet and stood at each side of the bed.

Softly, Mrs Kim brushed Jennie's hair, they patiently waited Jennie taking time to wake up.

Without an alarm, Jennie gripped on her mother's hand and hysterically woke up like a possessed woman.

The man quickly held her back.

Jennie searched for her mother's eyes, her teary eyes displayed terror and worried.

She clenched her shirt at the stomach are.

“Mama! M-mama!! I fell down....a-and then I saw a lot of blood. Mama! Papa! What happens to my baby!?

“Please tell me that my baby is safe... it's doing fine right...? Mama...? Papa..?” Jennie's voice cracked, her chest furiously waved up and down.

“Yes honey, your baby is safe.....now, calm down and don't move too much. You're still in the healing progress.”

Assured the mid-aged woman, comforted Jennie's back in a soothing way.

The pregnant woman heaved a relief sigh, tenderly caressed her tummy with an adoration smile.

“...Thank goodness nothing bad happens to you little bean....” Jennie whispered to the unborn child.

Soon, her smile faltered. She stared at her parents with an expression that so close to weep.

“...What about Lisa....? Mama? Papa...?”

Jennie's parents exchanged look, they lost of a word as the answer remained the same.

It didn't take a long time for Jennie to comprehend to that hesitation, she tears up in sorrow.

The room fell silent.

Until the buzz of Mr Kim's phone broke the tension.

“Hello Marco.

“What?!” Mr Kim shouted in disbelief, it instantly got her wife and daughter's attention.

However, the part that attracted them the most is, the man was smiling surely widely while specifically looked at Jennie.

“Are you sure?....alright....I'm on the way.” He immediately hung up.

“Jagiya, what is going on?” Asked the man's wife with a puzzled look, Jennie wasn't much different with her mother.

“They found Lisa!” Announced Mr Kim excitedly.

“Really Papa!? I want to go with you!” It has has been a while since Jennie displayed a big smile, she excitedly dragged her fragile body out of the bed.

Yet, her parents strictly stopped her. “That's not going to happen. Jagiya, I'll go now, watch over our daughter.”

Mrs Kim firmly nodded to that.

“But Mama! Papa! I want to see Lisa!” Jennie threw tantrum, wiggled her body from her mother's grip.

“You'll see her soon sweetie, you need to stay here for the sake of your baby. It quite unstable, so you need enough rest.”

As soon as Jennie heard about her baby's condition, she immediately gave up and slouched her body on the bed.

Yet, her face brightened up in joy.

__________________________

Nancy's parents love their daughter like no other, until at the point they didn't have the heart to stop their daughter's doing.