t w e n t y - o n e

21 • TALK

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TAEYEON'S POV:

Even before I knew it, I found myself getting dragged by Baekhyun towards the almost empty cafeteria. There were no students nor professors around except for the counter person, so Baekhyun sat me on one of the nearest chairs and told me to wait here for a bit.

Not having the chance to speak, I only followed Baekhyun by my eyes and saw him order a cheesburger and a soda, before ordering chicken with rice.

Some time later, I saw him walking towards the table that I am in while grinning widely. I don't know why, but I felt myself roll my eyes, still remembering what he told ne last night, versus what I heard earlier.

I don't know why, okay? Please don't ask me.

"Are you mad?" Baekhyun asked once again the moment he was finally seated, giving me the rice and chicken that he ordered. "Here," he added, before handing me the bottle of chocolate syrup that he was hiding earlier. "Don't be mad, I'll explain," He said.

"I don't need an explanation," I said and took the bottle of chocolate syrup from his grip to at least lighten up my mood.

"Exactly," I heard Baekhyun seriously say that made me stop from what I was doing. I had no thing to do but to stare at him, baffled at the sudden change of mood. "I know you don't need one, but I can't help to find my inner self telling me to explain what the hell was earlier all about. I really did not want you to misunderstand even if there's nothing to even clarify. It's not as if me and Tiff are a thing nor you and I," he added, eyes furrowing in clear frustration.

"But, why?" I asked, supposedly to myself, but Baekhyun being Baekhyun heard it.

"I don't know. I just do not want you to get the wrong idea and act like what you're doing right now towards me." Baekhyun said in a low voice while looking at his hands on the table as if he was really troubled by it.

And I felt guilty for acting like this, why did I even?

"I'm sorry, I didn't know," I replied and put the chicken down my plate, feeling as if I've ruined his mood.

"No. Don't be sorry," Baekhyun said and chuckled slight to at least lighten the heavy atmosphere we kept on having up, I guess. "By the way, you can ask me anything regarding those things, if, uhh, you wanna know, I'll answer them right away. I promise." he added, although trailing off a little bit by the end.

"What things?" I asked, completely clueless with what he had just said.

"Well, uh, like... d-dating matters?" Baekhyun stuttered as he was uncertain.  "Anyways! Go eat your chicken now! I even brought the chocolate syrup for you!" he said, regaining his composture while pointing at the bottle of chocolate syrup beside me before eating his cheeseburger.

I laughed at how he ate his burger with such embarassed expression, making him look like a puppy, until he looked at me and threw that sweet smile all of a sudden that threw me off guard, that mayonnaise from the food he was eating getting on the right side of his cheek, and yes, he looked like a dork..

I handed Baekhyun a tissue, it came with the food on the tray, and told him that he got mayonnaise on the right corner of his mouth that he immediatelt checked using the front camera of his phone.