t w e n t y - t h r e e

23 • BLOOMING

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TAEYEON'S POV

Okay, maybe I did not call for trouble, but still, imagine the torture of not being able to breathe all the while having a stomachache and laying down his floor because I cannot stop laughing at Byun Baekhyun and his jokes.

"Yah! Kim Taeyeon! Dinner's ready, get up from that floor!" I heard Baekhyun, so I tried to get myself together and stood up from the floor before finally sitting on the tall stool, my eyes wandering over the food prepared by Baekhyun on the kitchen island.

"Wait," I said, stopping myself from laughing, or even chuckling, processing what was in front of me. "You cook?!" I asked, completely surprised, but baffled at the same time.

"Yep!" Baekhyun proudly beamed while removing the dark gray apron from himself beforing sitting himself beside me, getting ready to cook while my mouth was left hanging open.

"Hold up, hold up. You cook?" I asked once again in which Baekhyun just nodded to innocently beside me. "But you don't wash your dishes? What? How do you live, Byun Baekhyun?" I asked in disbelief.

"Can't I just know how to cook without knowing how to wash the plates?" Baekhyun asked, taking a portion of the beef steak before giving the half to me, which gladly took considering the conversation we were currently having.

"No!" I replied, surprising Baekhyun who was in the process of cutting his beef beside me. "How would you use them after cooking? Ah, wait, your manager does..." I added, making Baekhyun chuckle at my confused state.

"Just go and eat your food, I prepared ir for you," Baekhyun said, grabbing my fork and taking his sliced piece of beef before handing the utensil back to me and making me eat the beef. "Although actually, it's been a while since I cook." he added that made me raise an eyebrow. The food was delicious.

"Wait, you're not telling me that I'm gonna wash your dishes, right?" I asked, making Baekhyun turn to me. "You're not gonna make me eat delicious food just to make me wash your dishes, right?" I asked for the second, Baekhyun chuckling afterward.

"Don't be ridiculous. I'll be the one doing it." He replied.

"What? But, how?" I asked, drinking the mango juice that was in front of me.

"You're gonna teach me, duh." Baekhyun said as if I knew that. Well, I should've.

"Get ready to get some of your plates broken, then. These hands are pretty much made of jelly when washing." I stated, taking a quick glance at Baekhyun before trying not to chuckle out loud.

"Uhh.. about that..." Baekhyun trailed off before clearing his throat that just actually made me laugh.

And that's how we spent three hours together. Of course we weren't washing the dishes for the whole three hours, and thankfully, to plates were harmed.

• • •

I was already getting a little sleepy when I felt Baekhyun reach and grab my phone from the carpet as I was sitting on the ground, trapping me between him and the couch in the process.

And as of now, the two of us were seated on the soft carpet, watching some movies I never even knew about. We just watched what can be watched.