chapter 5

Grayson POV:

While I was going through my locker at the end of the day, when I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around and I saw Cameron, I was surprised to see him. He started to rub the back of his neck.
" Did you need something Cameron?" I asked. He opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by Ethan walking up to us. You could see the rage in Ethans eyes. "What are you doing here Cameron?"
He asked. Cameron shook his head and started to walk off. "No, Cameron what did you wanna ask me?" I say caughting his arm.
He looked at me then looked at Ethan, not  breaking eye contact with him. So I stepped in between them, making Cameron look at me. "Huh.. I wanted to know if you wanted to go get pizza after school?" Cameron asked, looking back towards Ethan. He looked beyond terrified. I brought a hand to his face to make him look at me once again. " Yes, I'd love to get pizza after school." He looked shocked but smiled and hugged me none the less.
As he walked away I turned towards my locker to finish getting my books, when Ethan finally decides to speak up."What do you think your doing? You know your mine, why did you agree to go on a date with Cameron?"
I looked at him, " You don't own me Ethan I can do whatever I want to."
He looked pissed, but I'm not his property he can't just tell who I can date. I shrugged and shut my locker I had to get to english.

I walked in as the late bell rung, sitting in my seat I was not really paying attention to the lesson. So I pulled out my phone to text  Cameron.
Me- hey.
I laid my phone down not expecting an answer anytime soon. I was writing down the notes on the board when my phone buzzed. I looked at it to see who it was.
Cam🤤🤤- hey, why r u texting in class?
Me- I'm bored, it's english what do you expect?
Cam🤤🤤- true, what teach?
Me- Mr.Aadms
Cam🤤🤤- oh I have him last period hold on.
Instead of replying back I copied what notes I had missed on the board. Then next thing I know is I'm getting called out of class to go to the office. I hurriedly packed my things and left the class, waiting by the lockers outside the door was Cameron. He was leaned up against the lockers waiting with a big smile on his face. "Come on let's skip the rest of the day." He said. I just smiled and nodded my head, he grabbed my hand and we ran out the school doors. As we passed the office, I saw Ethan sitting in one of the chairs. He looked really upset when he saw me.
Then I started thinking why was Cameron right outside my class when I had to go to the office. I pushed the thought aside,wanting to enjoy my time with Cameron. When we reached his car he opened the door for me and I got in. I felt my phone go off but I ignored it. We went all over town, getting ice cream, going to the mall. I even got a couple new outfits, even when I was trying on the outfits for Cameron I was thinking of Ethan and what he would think. Even though I am with Cameron I find myself thinking about Ethan.
Ethans POV:
How could he go with him? I got him called out of class so me and him could spend the day together, but he went with Cameron instead. I'm just trying to protect him I heard Cameron and his friends making bets about how long it takes Cameron to get Grayson into bed. I texted him to try and warn him but he hasn't looked at it. I'm getting reuly worried Cameron can not take Graysons virginity,only I can do that ,Grayson is mine he can't be with Cameron, but if that's what he wants then I'll let him be happy even if Cameron is just trying to sleep with him. He isn't going to believe me, he will think I'm just trying to make him and Cameron break up. All I want to do is keep him safe, so I will just watch him from a distance. Although it pains me to see him with anybody else if he's happy I'm happy. At least I think I am.
*a few weeks pass*
It kills me to see how much Grayson is hanging out with Cameron. But I've stopped going to school, I've stopped coming out of my room unless necessary. Today my mom asked me to go to the store I agreed.
As I was walking down the bread aisle I saw Grayson and Cameron hand in hand, walking down the aisle as well. I had my good up so they didnt see me,as u rushed out of the aisle. But Grayson looked so amazing in his outfit.

I look back and I see Cameron pulling Grayson into a kiss and he looks me right in the eyes, I leave the cart and run to my car rushing home

I look back and I see Cameron pulling Grayson into a kiss and he looks me right in the eyes, I leave the cart and run to my car rushing home.  I run into my bathroom, and look in my medicine cabinet and I find what I'm looking for,my sleeping pills. I dump a whole bunch into my hand, I pick up my phone and call Grayson. As usual for the last few week his voicemail.
"Grayson,I'm so sorry but dont worry you won't have to deal with me bringing your life down anymore. Just know I love you Grayson. You were my everything. I wanted nothing more than to protect you. But how could I protect you from others if I couldn't even protect you from myself. I'm sorry Grayson I never meant to hurt you. GOODBYE GRAY!"