21. Sinner

I stood there like a statue.

My whole world, my baby girl is standing in the middle of the living room, with an expressionless face, like a stranger.

At that time I knew she knows everything.

My heart felt like someone has stabbed it thousand times. I can see pain in her eyes. Its all because of me.

She didn't say a word.

I'm scared. Why she is like this? Please say something.... Scold me! Hit me if you want! But don't be like this.

"I'm sorry..." That's all I could whisper. Tears were falling and I couldn't stop it even I wanted to.

I couldn't protect her. It's all because of me.

As I fell on my knees crying my heart out, I felt Tzuyu's hands going around me. She embraced me and kept my head on her chest, fingers going through my hair.

I tightly hugged her.

"It's not your fault Tae. Don't say you are sorry because it's NOT your fault. I'm ok. Really I'm ok"

I lifted my head and looked at her. Why is she different? Why there are no expressions on her face?

She smiled a little.
"I'm truly ok. I don't mind people bashing me. I know you love me and I know that you know how much I love you. That's enough for me. But...."
She paused.

"But?"

She thought a second.
"But I'm sorry for causing troubles to you. I'm the reason for this blunder"

I lost my mind after hearing her words mixed with pain.
"NO! NO!!"
I screamed.
"Don't you EVER say that! and don't you ever try to leave me because of this stupid matter!!

She showed no emotion.

I felt so scared. What happened to her? Why she just doesn't scream her heart out? Why she is not crying? I know she never expected to see people cursing her with those thousands of words. Is she thinking to leave me?

I screamed and screamed unabled to control my mind. She tightened her grip around me and kept her lips on my forehead.
"Shhh... Don't cry my baby......shhhh.... everything will be all right.... We'll face this together okay?"

I sobbed in her arms until my tears dried with her warmth.

Finally, all I could focus on was what she said before I drift in to sleep on her bed.

"Can you remember what I said that day? Even if you have one true fan who really loves your music, let's be happy about it.  Inner satisfaction is what matters. Tae.... I will always be with you no matter what. Please remember that"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

In the middle of the night I woke up hearing a sound. I stayed in bed and waited my eyes to be fixed to the darkness.

Tzuyu was sitting on the floor, crying so hard. She covered her face with both hands, trying to stop making any sound, but failed to stop sobbing.

She didn't want to show her pain.... her tears to me.
I remembered how her face was expressions in the evening. She held her pain just to comfort me.

I'm sorry my baby..... Please forgive this sinner if you can.....

A/N** I was tearing up as I wrote this. Am I too emotional? 🙄