16 - Hospital Visits *Modern*

"Daddy, where's momma?" Jean Phillipe Valois-Anguleme asked, walking next to his father. The new President of the United States spared a glance down at his eldest child, mindful of the toddler on his hip and the other holding his hand. "Why didn't momma have the baby at home like last time?" he asked his father, big blue eyes shining bright.

"The baby started getting tired, and momma was as well. She had to go into hospital to make sure that everything was okay." he stated, trying not to think of the severe bleeding the new first Lady had experienced in an attempt of a fourth home birth. It had looked like a horror show, ending in a frantic ambulance ride to transfer mother, father and unborn child to safety.

"Is momma okay? And the baby?" the son of the President and the wife of senator Narciesse asked his father. The first Lady's god and stepson much preferred his time with his father than with his mother. Granted, Lola was a good mother, but Francis wasn't fond of Narciesse in the slightest. He was manipulative and a horrid man. Besides, his step mother -in which he adored- was having babies that he could play with. Stephan's children were older than his mother, after all. None of them had children of their own that the seven year old could play with.

"The baby's completley fine." he stated, walking to Mary's room with purpose. His sons could barely keep up, but they were eager to see their mother as much as their father was. "Momma's just very tired and weak right now." he stated. The haemorrhage and subsiquental blood transfusion needed had taken a hell of a lot out of the first lady, that's why the President had to wait these five days to bring the children to her.

"Mama?" little Zachary asked from his position on his father's hip. Zachary Valois-Anguleme had been resting his little head upon his father's braud chest as he took him to see his mother. The youngest son of the President and the first Lady was the perfect mix of them. Pretty blonde curls and dark eyes, sweet and cuddly and perfect.

"Yes, mama." Francis confirmed, finally seeing the door guarded by armed security guards that enclosed his wife and newest child. The quest for a big family had became harder with the birth of their newest child, and Francis knew they'd have to wait a while to try for more.

"Where's mommy, daddy?" his eldest child with Mary -James- asked, his big dark eyes wide and doe as he held his half brother's hand.

"Just over there, little man."

The men entered the large suite that held the first Lady of the United States. She was laying in the bed, burrowed deeply into the pillows. Red satin robe was wrapped around her arms and abdomen, a black lacy nightshirt underneath. Raven hair was braided intricately to the side and she wore no makeup. Large black circular glasses covered her face.

"Mommy!" James and Jeffree squealed, letting go of Francis and Jean to rush over to their mother. They hadn't seen her in a week and were eager for her. Her eldest two were completley infatuated with her, after all.

"My loves," Mary said, her voice weak from blood loss. Francis bit his lip, walking over with Jean and Zachary, taking note of the blood bags that were hanging from two separate IV poles, as well as several other bags of clear liquid with names with too many letters.

"Mommy! Mommy!" they chanted, finally managing to climb up upon the high up hospital bed. Mary smiled at the scene. James managed to climb up first, them bent down to help his little brother scale the hospital bed. They eagerly crawled over to her, giggling, cuddling up to her two sides.

"I missed you," she cooed at them. Mary ran her fingers through their dark hair. James was her mini me, only with Francis' nose and law, but her little Jeffree was a beautiful blend. Instead of raven, like his elder brother, his hair was a dark blonde. His eyes always glowed with a beautiful mix of blue and golden, after all.

"Missed you, mama." Jeffree cooed, giving kisses. Mary smiled softly, reaching out a hand for her husband and step son.

"Hey," she cooed at Jean, noting the anticipation upon the eldest's face. "It's alright, come here." she stated, being able to read him as easy as she could his father. "I'm alright." she stated, seeing James' ears prick up at the change in atmosphere in the room. Jean wasn't the only one who worried for Mary's wellfare, after all.

"Daddy said you were sick." Jean stated as Francis took a seat next to the bed.

"I am," Mary stated. "Having your sister was very hard. But she's okay, and so am I." she smiled softly. Jean and James didn't seem convinced, but they didn't say anything.

"Auntie Kenna!" James smiled, seeing his aunt walk around the corner from the doorway. Kenna smiled at them, her beige long dress swishing with every step. She was holding a pink bundle in her arms.

"Hey, bugs." she smiled.

"Is that my sister?" Jeffree asked, pointing a little finger to the bundle in Kenna's arms. The bundle made a small noise as her aunt brought her to her mother.

"It is." she stated, leaning down to hand Mary her newest baby. "The doctor just wanted to make sure she was okay."

"Is she? Is she fine?" Francis asked, placing the tiny toddler on the large bed and standing tall to his full height.

"Yes, she's perfect." Kenna smiled, looking at the little family scene. "Now, go be with your family, Francis. Bash'll take care of things for now." she sent them a smile and a wink, before leaving the room.

"What's she called, mama?" Zachary babbled, his words slurred and misspoken, but the youngest boy got his message across. He crawled over, plopping himself down onto Jeffree's lap.

"This is Anne, love. She's your sister."

Francis de Valois took in the scene of his family in in silence as the children coed over his newborn daughter, wondering how he ever got so lucky to have this in his life.

~~

Heyy!

Just letting you all know, that the newest modern story is now up and running, as well as another oneshot that's kinda similar to this one. Hope you all read!

love,

me.

:)