193 - Wedding Night

Prompt - Also maybe you could do a one shot where Mary does get pregnant in season one and how Cathrine reacts when she finds out?

/

This was very bizarre, Mary admitted to herself silently as she entered the consummation room. Her body trembled in anticipation for Francis' touch, even though the last time she had felt it was less than a day ago, but the lust pooling inside her battled against the nervousness and awkwardness she already felt inside herself. The Queen of Scotland and the new Dauphiness of France nervously turned around, letting Kenna slip off the lace robe that she wore over the ill fitting consumable robe that was obligatory on a proper Catholic wedding night. She felt Greer brush out her hair from it's loosened twists and long curls, Lola slowly rubbing scented oils upon her neck and behind her ears. She exhaled nervously as she heard the door open again, over the rustles of courtiers bowing and the murmurs of the Vatican blessing the bed.

"Are you ready?" Greer whispers into her ear, pulling her hair from the last braid it had been held in. She nods slowly, feeling her favourite Lady run her fingers through the tousled raven lock until it became straight again. More and more people began filling the room, and the new Dauphiness of France couldn't help but feel a little bit more nervous than before. In another thought, she silently thanks past her for allowing Francis her virginity before her wedding night, for she couldn't imagine the fear and anxiety if she didn't know what she was in for.

"Yes," she whispers. "I just want this to be over, though."

"It'll be okay, it'll just be a few minutes, then you can be alone together, okay? And its not a lot of comfort, but Kenna and I'll be right there with Lola." she nods to the side. 

"Francis will literally be with you, and we all know how he makes you feel." Kenna grins slyly. Mary gasps with the shock, but she giggles anyway. The King of France's mistress smirks in that sensual way she's learned to do, before the entire room bows suddenly.

Mary turns, and feels another spike of anxiety as the Queen of France walks into the room.

She walks right up to Mary, and in a moment of fear, the Queen of Scots fears that Catherine'll draw a blade of force poison down her throat. However, the Queen does none of these things. She simply glares at her ladies in waiting.

"Scatter," she orders lowly. I'll assist my daughter in whatever she needs." the ladies scurry, and Catherine's eyes linger on Kenna longer than the others (well, who can blame her for that?) before Catherine turns to Mary and turns the new Dauphiness around, typing a silky belt around her little waist. Mary silently lets her, saying nothing until the Queen suddenly slides her hands over her breasts. She inhales sharply in surprise and pain, for her breasts are rather sensitive.

"This confirms it." she murmurs into Mary's ears.

"W-What?" she asks.

"Oh, my dear, you don't think I'm naïve to the pleasures of the flesh?"

The fact you had eleven children says no, Mary aches to say, but the Queen keeps her mouth shut. She shakes her head silently.

"I am not naïve to the fact that my son was a little too impatient with his beautiful young fiancee on the night Henry left and we were left to defend the castle." Catherine whispers. Mary blinks in surprise.

"I-It wasn't many times, and it was just him-" she stammers.

"Oh, my dear, don't fret!" Catherine says, spinning around the Queen so they can talk to each other, while the bed is prepared and the bridegroom is brought into the bedchamber. "I believe you. Would you like to know what else I believe?"

She nods silently, feeling like a little girl again.

"That you haven't sent for sheets since my son left for Paris." Catherine whispers into Mary's ear, leaning up and close until their fronts touch, keeping their conversation cleverly disguised as her fingers fret over the horrid consummation gown Mary's been forced to wear. "You send for the strangest food combinations at the most ungodly hours, and what is this?" she asks, pressing her hands to Mary's waistline. "A swelling of the abdomen?" she gasps quietly into Mary's ear. "My dear child, I do believe you carry my son's child within your womb." she says, stepping back quickly. "It's a marvellous thing, we will celebrate with all the pomp and pageantry the King and Queen deserve. But for now-" Mary can identify the excitement in Catherine's eyes, she doesn't know how the woman keeps all those fireworks inside. "go to your husband, child."

Gulping in nervousness and excitement, the raven haired beauty looked upon her new husband and master as he came close. Francis took small steps towards her, a boyish grin on his face as a hand extended put from his own consummation robes, but even she could see the uncomfortableness he felt at this certain tradition that they couldn't get out of. But, she took his hand and drew herself nearer to him. They came close and shared a nervously excited grin, before their lips met again.