29 - Bleeding *Modern*

"Ugh," Mary rolled over, curling into a small ball. She winced, holding her stomach in complete despair. In an attempt to fall back to sleep, the young woman burrowed her head into the overstuffed pillows of her boyfriends' bed, but it proved fruitless when she was started awake by a rough cramp in her stomach. She hissed slightly, groaning in despair at the realisation of what this actually meant.

Mary slowly opened her eyes, looking down into the bed, spotting red stains over her silk PJ pants and behind her. She winced in embarrassment, wiping at her face before sitting up in his warm bed.

"Mary," he suddenly said. Mary jumped in surprise, saw her boyfriend of five years sitting at his desk working on a couple papers. She looked over at him with a small smile, quickly moving the duvet to cover up the stains she'd accidentally left. He saw her swift motion and frowned as he got up from the chair, walking over towards her.

"You okay?" he asked, coming over to the bed. "You look a little pale," he noted, stroking a few messy stands of hair from her face.

"No, no, I'm fine." she quickly said, her voice gristly with sleep. He cocked his head to the side, stroking her hair back.

"What're you doing?" he drawled, as she suddenly pulled the duvet up over her waist.

"Nothing-" she was cut off, gasping as he suddenly pulled the sheets back. "No-" she said, starting to pull them again, but he had already seen.

"Oh, baby." he cooed softly. "Why're you trying to hide it from me?" he asked, cupping her face, forcing her to look at him. Mary was flushed and had a hard time meeting his eyes.

"It's embarrassing." she mumbled, not meeting his eyes. She looked down again, only for him to cup her chin and make her look at him again.

"Babe? It's normal," he frowned. "It's natural, you're a woman." he stated it as if she was crazy for being embarrassed over it. "I've got five sisters and a mom, I'm not grossed out by it." he shrugged. "It's fine, come here." he stated softly, wrapping her into his arms. She didn't seem convinced, but let him pick her up. "Baby, it's completley fine. It's natural." he stated. Mary's heart swelled. She didn't deserve him.

"You're too good to me, I don't deserve you." she cried. He chuckled heartily, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"Yes, you do." he smiled. "Take off your stained clothes, put this on." he stated calmly, passing her one of the spare robes his mother insisted he keep in his ensuete bathroom of the Valois-Angouleme-de Medici estate. Mary didn't even bother being self conscious as she took off her clothes and put on the robe. He had seen her naked thousands of times, he was her boyfriend, after all.

By the time she had finished, Francis had ran her a hot bath and helped her inside. He stroked her hair out of her face, kissed her head softly.

"Spend as much time here as you want, I'll get your clothes clean and a new pair sent up, okay?" he asked. Mary nodded, accepting his kisses gratefully.

"You're too good to me, I don't deserve you." she repeated, a sudden onslaught of tears coming through. He chuckled again, kissing her over and over.

"You do, you do." he stated, running his finger tips over her bare and wet shoulder. Mary shivered, a touch so insignificant being so intimate and soothing. "Get cleaned up, spend as long as you want here, yeah? I'll have clothes and food and painkillers send up. A couple Tylenol's gonna be okay?" he asked.

"I've told you a thousand times, they're called paracetamols." she joked. Even though her parents had migrated to the US when she was sick, just before her father died, the raven haired beauty would always be Scottish first and foremost. He smirked at her, having moved to the Us when he was a baby, and known nothing but the American culture.

"Tit for tat." he smirked. "Love you." he sung, kissing her again, before leaving her to her bath.

The young, beautiful young woman lounged in her hot bath for a while, only getting out when the water started to cool down. She got out and wrapped herself in towels, all cleaned up. The young woman found her boyfriend working upon the desk again, a fresh set of clothes on the clean bed. On a table near the lit fireplace, a warming tray full of food and drinks.

"Hey you," he smiled, getting up from the table and going towards her. "Feeling better?" he asked, walking over towards her still.

"A little," she smiled softly. He got her dried off and situated in a pair of her old, oversized sweatpants and one of his t shirts that smelled like him.

"Now, eat up." he stated with a smile, directing her over to the small dining table. Mary licked her lips at the sight of a good old fashioned English fry up, with orange and cranberry juices and some hot green tea sweetened with honey, just how she liked it. As well as a chocolate chip muffin with extra chips and two almond croissants, her favourites. She smiled up at him brightly.

"Thank you, I love you so much." she smiled.

"Love you, too." he stated fondly. "Now, eat up." he handed her a knife and fork and smiled fondly as she tucked in ravenously.

He gave her a few minutes to finish eating and to sip at her tea. As he finished his assignments, he walked over to her and passed her a couple of small white pills for the pain. Mary took them willingly, finishing off her meal with her favourite sweets. Her boyfriend smiled at her fondly, pressing a kiss to her head as she started to get sleepy.

"Tired?" he asked, remembering that she enjoyed taking naps when she bled.

"A little," she repeated. Her beautiful boyfriend gave her another beautiful smile, before she was picked up and carried over to the bed again. He got in, too, and Mary cuddled up to him contently. He gripped his remove and flicked on the TV mounted to the wall.

"Thank you for taking care of me," Mary smiled softly, speaking like a child. Francis smiled down at her, pressing a fond kiss to her hair.

"Always." 

~

Hey!

Not sure why I haven't written about this scenario before, since it is completley natural, but I hope you liked it! Next chapter immenently!