137 - Yoga *Modern*

~/~

Prompt - Mary and Jean bonding over something in front of Francis.

Side Note - Same AU as the one where Mary is a doctor and dealt with a horrible bus crash situation, where she brought Bash, Francis and Jean into her home. Can't remember which number it was, sorry!

~/~

"And, exhale." the tiny yoga instructor tells her on the screen of her laptop. Mary does so, breathing deeply as her body is contorted unnaturally, holding the uncomfortable scorpion pose on the yoga mat. Her eyes close, her body stretching. She bites her lip in pain, inhaling sharply through her nose, until the little woman on the screen tells her to let the pose go and relax.

"And now," she says, after half a minute of breathing. "slowly get into the butterfly pose. Sit on your yoga mat, bring your feet together in front of you, and hold them there." she instructs. The young doctor follows her instructions, rolling her neck slowly, hearing the cracks and crunches that become so satisfying as the seconds pass by. "Make sure to keep breathing, do not strain your back." she says. Mary follows the instructions, trying to block out the squabbling and the babbling from the next room. Her boyfriend and his brother were redoing the office rooms, and needless to say, it was more complicated than Mary thought it would be.

An angry squeal barely catches her attention, figuring that tiny Jean-Philippe was irritated over the fact that he was in a playpen and not the centre of attention. Much like his father, Henry had chuckled two months previous, when he, Catherine, Elizabeth and Claude had come over for dinner. Little Francis had always needed to be the centre of attention at all times. So did Sebastian, he had chuckled at the blush on his eldest childs' cheeks.

Before the ravenette knows it, the door to her and Francis' bedroom is opened, and in strolls a tiny toddler who's every inch his father. Mary opens her eyes, hearing a soft 'plop'. She cooes adoringly as she realises that her boyfriends' son had grown tired of secluded playtime with his father and uncle and had came to her. And he had also plopped himself next to Mary and sat down in the butterfly pose, copying her.

"Hey, you." she smiles, fixing his unruly curls. "Do you wanna do some yoga with me?" she asks. He chirps at her happily, his eyes absolutely smitten with his fathers' girlfriend who had came into his life when he was a baby. Bash always said that Jean adored Mary before Francis did, and that was saying something. Her golden puppy dog boy had said the three words not even five months in.

They continue breathing in the butterfly position, until the door is pushed open again. Mary bites back her irritation of her post work routine being interrupted again. Come home from work, tea, snack, bubble bath, then yoga until she felt human enough to human again. Then the classic nighttime routine of an unconventional family that seemed so natural that it hardly mattered.

"Jean!" Francis sighs in relief. "There you are, don't scare Papa and Oncle like that!" he huffs, Sebastian sighing in relief behind him. Mary raises a brow. The kid was fourteen months old, he wasn't likely to break out of the house and make a run for it. She looks from Francis to Jean again, smiling at the tiny boy who continued to babble and copy her. Looking back at her boyfriend told her that he -too- was enchanted at the simplicity of the sweetness of Jean's little gesture.

"Oh, my God. He is so cute." Mary beams as Jean grabs his little feet and copies Mary's transition into the next pose. Hearing this, the tiny boy giggles, holding his toes. Even Francis breaks into a smile.

"Yeah, he is." he says, voice full of bashfulness, scratching the back of his neck nervously. Jean beams up at his fathers' girlfriend.

"I don't wanna do anymore." she says, shutting it off. Mary gathers Jean into her arms, making him giggle happily. "He's so cute, I just wanna snuggle him." she says, as Jean nuzzles into the crook of her neck. Francis comes closer to them and kisses them, stroking his sons' back as the toddler began to yawn.

"I'll put him down." he says, taking his doe-eyed child from Mary. "There's Queen Anne tea brewing for you when you want it." he tells her, leaving the room with his yawning child.

~~

I needed some sweet fluffiness, hope you enjoyed it! The next few will have Jean in again, it's strange how much inspiration I get from a character that's really meh in the show for me, but yeah. They're gonna be fluffy and drama free, since your girls' been going through the ringer for the past couple weeks, so I need some niceness to make it a little better.

Also, to my Nevorum readers, the next chapter is gonna be up every seventh of the month. I've just completed chapter nine a couple days ago, and will be starting  planning on the tenth soon. Updates will continue to be up on every seventh until the book is completed. But if I finish the book quicker than the updates go out, I promise you'll get more frequent updates. I know the slow updates bugs a few people, but I think it's better to have consistency and longer updates than the opposite.

A couple announcements for you all. I've figured out an outline plot for Le Blanc Duchesse (I haven't forgotten about my promise for a mini book about it) and will be working on it sometime this week. So, make sure to keep your eyes pealed for it. Next, whilst trying to think of a plot for The Scarred Prince (it's still very much in the early planning stages. I figured out point A and B, but coming up with the actual plot is slower than I would have liked), I accidentally came up with a oneshot that's really similar to it and Reign as a whole. Please go read The Winter Queen if you haven't!

Stay safe, be kind.

Love,

me

:)